Beadie Went Rigor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemama1024

My bearded dragon has been fine, if I a bit wild lately.

I thought it would help if I gave him a bath so he could kill some energy. Immdiately after putting him in he started thrashing about (the water was a bit deeper than what he was was used to.) I quickly tired moving him to the shallow end where he could stand. He kept trying to go under.

Scared. I pulled him out of the water. His body was completely rigor. I thought he was dead but he just opened his eye while typing this.

What just happened?

RockHound

Hatchling Member
You put him in water too deep for him to stand? Bath water should only reach to about his shoulders.

It probably made him think he was going to drown and his body went into shock. It has happened to a few others on here, and the beardies are usually fine after a while. Make sure he is dry and warm. I wouldn't recommend putting him in deep water again. Beardies generally don't like being in water unless they are acclimated to it very slowly.

joemama1024":1s1h7i18 said:
My bearded dragon has been fine, if I a bit wild lately.

I thought it would help if I gave him a bath so he could kill some energy. Immdiately after putting him in he started thrashing about (the water was a bit deeper than what he was was used to.) I quickly tired moving him to the shallow end where he could stand. He kept trying to go under.

Scared. I pulled him out of the water. His body was completely rigor. I thought he was dead but he just opened his eye while typing this.

What just happened?

Read my post on Beardie ER. my baby did the same thing, was having some kind of seizure. I made a couple changes in his husbandry and hes been fine since.

What kind of lighting are you using? Calcium, vits, feeding??

joemama1024

Original Poster
Ok thanks. I'll take care to keep the Bath shallower.

To answer the questions. I use the a UV bulb and a heat lamp for him. I have gotten a bit lazy on my calcium dusting but I'll be sure to get back on that. For vitamins, I gut-load his crickets and feed him greens (he likes parsley).

joemama1024":34z8vqt3 said:
Ok thanks. I'll take care to keep the Bath shallower.

To answer the questions. I use the a UV bulb and a heat lamp for him. I have gotten a bit lazy on my calcium dusting but I'll be sure to get back on that. For vitamins, I gut-load his crickets and feed him greens (he likes parsley).

What kind of UVB name brand? Size etc? The UVB bulb I had is what was causing my baby's issues. I took it out and he slowly improved. I ordered the proper bulb and fixture which I should get Thursday. The reptisun 10.0 is the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom