Basking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not for the life of me get Ozzy to bask for any real length of time. His temps are all in the "normal range" 80-85 on the cool side and 105-112 on the basking spot! Its fluctuates. He is always just out of range in the 98-100 spot. He is only 7-8 months old. Lately ive noticed he has some bits of food in his poo and it is really smelly and large, I am thinking he isnt basking long enough to digest it. I place him under the warmest point and within secs he moves. We have a digital probe thermometer so i know the temps are good and im using a 75 watt household bulb for the basking light. I tried the zoo med ones but they all were to intense for the space and would get hot!

Any ideas would help

Thanks in advance

bambichik39

Juvie Member
I'd get a dimmer and dim it down when it gets too hot. I know my lizard will in different parts of his basking platform depending on the temp he desires, so yours should be regulating as well. Does his basking spot have ample room for this?

OzzysMom32

Original Poster
Yes there is lots of room for him to move around I think I'm going. To get a dimmer and put in his 100 Watt bulb back in and get a dimmer switch! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom