basking time

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Slowly coming out of brumation, Taco climbed up his new second basking spot.

Attachments

• basking1.jpg
    basking1.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 30
  • basking2.jpg
    basking2.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 25

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taco
He is for sure :) In this photo he isn't showing his full colors yet (only orange around the ear and on his beard).

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taco
@xp29 He does for sure :) Then he has a light sand color with bright orange and some plum color. This in the photo is his "happy, but not reached my I'm-super-active-now temp" color scheme :)

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Literally, last week once I didn't see him for some moments despite he was sitting right there (on a branch) and has 470 g...
(Before getting Taco, I wasn't aware that their colors can change that drastically. I've read of it, but I underestimated it as I hadn't been around bearded dragons very much before, at least not to an extent of seeing them regularly, or for an extended time or even seeing the same dragon again.)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It's heart stopping when you look and don't see them. I've panicked at least 466,534,677,543 times since I started keepong beardies lol.

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taco
That was only the case for me when he was younger - like: could this little guy die easily?
(Didn't worry regarding escaping as I'm sure he cannot open the enclosure, opens from the top, tube lamp must be removed before opening.)

Nowadays, when he's not visible, I don't worry - when he's not visible, he is usually hidden in the cave you see in the photo, or in another cave that goes really deep down (he dug it out between the back wall and an aloe plant, and he brumated down there), or behind a thick branch. When I didn't saw him, I also didn't worry, just did a few things in the enclosure, refilled bugs... watered plants... thinking "so when he's coming back up later that day everything is nice"... and then I recognized he was sitting right there, a centimeter from my hand or so and I hadn't recognized :D
Usually, when I open the enclosure and he's within reach, I touch him and he gets a bit of a cuddle (he then licks my hand) - I then did so promptly :D

Last edited:

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom