Basking spot outside of viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone, I've got two beardies and I've got a new full time job, and sometimes I'm working 10-12 hours a day. I was wondering if making a basking spot on the floor on my room would be ok because I feel bad having then cooped up all day in their tanks. If I can set this basking spot up, they'd be able to run around all day, and stay warm. Advice is appreciated. :D

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As long as you feel safe letting them run around your room unsupervised and there is no way they can get lost, or hurt its fine. Its just like giving them a bigger tank assuming your room is safe. You need to be weary with where you place the basking bulb for 1. that it doesn't melt your carpet ( happened to me once :cry: ) 2. that the beardies can't actually touch it. 3. you don't mind poo in your room.

-Brandon

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks a lot Brandon. :D
I don't have carpet in my room and I'll make sure that they won't be able to touch it and poo isn't a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom