banging my head and kicking myself in the butt!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
So...Kiera has now gone through her third order of 1000 crickets :shock: And I have been kicking myself in the butt all evening because she went through the last batch so quick, she caught me off guard...either that, or I have a bunch of crickets that escaped their big sterilite bin and are running loose in my house :shock: which I DON"T think is the case. I ordered 2500 this time...1500 of them are 1/16th inch sized, and 1000 of them are 1/4 inch. I found the bigger I order them, the faster they grow, and I was afraid the 1/2 inch would get too big too fast. But...my whole point here is that I ordered this 2500 crickets, 300 phoenix worms, and a jug of concentrated water crystals for the crickets, that will make a gallon of water crystals...and with overnight shipping, my whole entire order comes to roughly $75.00. But I work the next two days, so I am not having them shipped until Thursday and they will be delivered Friday when I will be home.
So...because I was caught off guard, and had about 20 crickets left in the bin, I had to go to the reptile store and pay $15.00 for 150 crickets to get us by until Friday :banghead: I get 1000 of them less than that from Ghann's...and my reptile store gets their's from Ghann's as well :banghead: $15.00 for 150 crickets!!!!! :shock: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Ouch...my head hurts!

Livey

Extreme Poster
LOL i have the same problem , they get eaten so fast!! i pay £9.00 for 1000 crix, and then gets me no where!

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Now imagine running out on my scale...lol
pirate_flag.gif

sbattisti

Juvie Member
This may seem like a kind of questionable parenting tip, but depending on the sitch, couldn't a beardie get by fine for a day or two without crickets? Assuming he's still provided greens and/or other veggies?

Jus' sayin'. Legitimately curious.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I am glad that you are running out of crickets, constantly. By this I mean that this means that Kiera is growing even more than she was before. I know, after sweet Puff, you aren't used to the way healthy beardies go through crickets. When Redrock and Sandstone (we only had him/her for 4 months) would go through 1,000 crickets every 1.5 weeks. They both would eat anywhere from 20 to 60 crickets ever day. There are baby beardies eat more than ours did. Rosie didn't eat anywhere near that many crickets.

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
I know how you feel. Dewey just did the same thing to me! He has been going through about 1,000 crickets over the period of 2 weeks. My last shipment of crickets came in last Tuesday and today he finished them off and that includes a few dozen from the crickets that I had before my last shipment landed. So, in a week and 2 days he ate over 1,000 crix! :shock: Thankfully there's next day air shipping on live feeders. I placed another order today for 2,000 which should be here tomorrow. Dewey's going to have a very special treat tomorrow... Phoenix Worms for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner! :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Cindy, I know it's a pain to run out of feeders but doesn't it feel good to know that Kiera is so healthy & growing like a weed. :D :D Doesn't help the headache much, though :mrgreen: . I have to go find Kiera's thread as I got unsubscribed. Glad you put it into Z&W's thread, I'll get right over there.

HUGS to the big growing Kiera from all of us (6 beardies now, we have a new adoption named Leo), so we have definitely run out of room

Deb & our 6 beardies, and that's all there's going to be (hear me hubby :mrgreen: )

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Oh i have done this too :( I forgot to order my crickets before the christmas week and i had to wait 2 weeks to get my order. I was cussing at myself the whole 2 weeks. All 5 of them would eat their salads but they still wanted their bugs. I got so many stink eyes. Yeah going to the pet stores here cost you about 12 crickets for $1. 5 beardies and not enough bugs = me getting poop art for a month their way of telling me i better not forget to order their bugs again LOL

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
LOL!!! Well, I am sitting here this morning waiting for Kiera's 2500 crickets and 3 cups of Phoenix worms, and a gallon of dehydrated water crystals to water the 2500 crickets!! Should be here any time now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom