Baby questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessss

Hi this is my first post so I’m not sure about how to add pictures or anything.
I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me out i would really appreciate it.
I brought a baby leather back yesterday, it was from a well known reptile shop and all the animals looked overall healthy.I asked if they had any leatherbacks for sale and he told me he had a clutch that were 2 months old.He told me they were too young to be sold at the moment as they normally wait until 3 months to sell them.I asked if I could reserve one for when they were old enough, he then brought out 7/8 babies various sizes and told me that these ones could be sold as they were bigger than the others.I picked one and we took him home.The shop assistant told me that he would be ok to go as he was big enough.

The ride home took 40 minutes due to traffic and we didn’t want to get him out in the car as he was already stressed.At the shop we didn’t get to have a proper look over him as he was very fast and wouldn’t stay still.Once we got home I offered him some crickets dusted and he ate about 5-6.He also did a poo which looked good.Once he had calmed down he happily sat on my hand and went to sleep, I could then finally get a proper look at him.He is extremely skinny even for his age he looks thin he was small compared to the others but he looks too thin.He also has a small scab like mark on the top of his head which doesn’t seem to be bothering him but I am wondering if he was bit by a larger sibling.Today he has ate 4-5 crickets a a tiny bite of carrot.I have gave him two baths today as he won’t drink yet on his own.He occasionally gets stress marks but they come and go.I know he will have relocation stress at the moment but he is settling well all considered.

SET UP
Currently in a 3ft by 2ft viv, currently has no thermostat(one of my questions),100W heat bulb,Arcadia controller uvb System the grey one,a Arcadia 10.0 uvb strip bulb,on a blanket as substrate until he is moved into his bigger tank.

Questions
What is the best thermostat that you would recommend I get?
Is the uvb bulb and controller system good enough?
Any suggestions health wise to give him a little boost?
Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated, apologies if any of this seems bad like not having the thermostat but I want to give the little one the best life he can have.
Sorry for the very very long post.
Many thanks Jess.

Jessss

Original Poster
I have also ordered repashy beardie buffet and would like to know if he would benefit from having this and if so how often would be best for him weekly?
Again many thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pics of your tank and lighting and the area in question on the head https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
You need to get a digital probe thermometer ASAP- you can get them from Petco or Petsmart - $7- the Arcadia UVB is where and what bulb is it? Is it a T 5 or a T 8? You can use paper towels for substrate - easier to clean up -- he needs salads first thing in the morning http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
you will need a bowl like this to keep worms in and insects • https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Reptile-Ceramic-Leopard-Bearded/dp/B084VJJWTV?pf_rd_r=R0HNPKXJ2ZARWAT5MPAH&pf_rd_p=c5b6893a-24f2-4a59-9d4b-aff5065c90ec&pd_rd_r=0173f98f-f39b-4d44-9f76-6ae4d88c419b&pd_rd_w=AuGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
I cant help you out w/ the thermostat but there are others on here that can ---- but you need to get a digital probe thermometer before you burn him up - what size tank is he in now? If its smaller than a 40 gallon like a 20 or 30 a 100 watt bulb is going to be too hot
Karrie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
If the scab-like mark is in the dead center of his head and is kinda dark grey and round, it's just his third eye. They use it to sense birds flying overhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom