Baby Beardie walking funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nichole0113

Original Poster
I talked to petsmart and they think he might have vertigo. When beardies fall and hit their heads, they act really dizzy and fall over a lot which is what Smaug doing. Luckily he's under warranty still so petsmart will pay for his treatment. I won't have him back for maybe a month :cry:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are they going to be taking him in for a short while? A month is quite awhile for him to stay.
I think it could be dehydration, possible calcium issues, or other nutritional problems. I wouldn't necessarily medicate him without knowing for sure he has an infection.

How is he doing this evening?

Tracie

Nichole0113

Original Poster
Petsmart is taking him to a vet who is experienced with baby beardies. The employee that took him said the earliest I could get him back is 2 weeks if everything was okay with him. If the vet thinks he needs medicine then they'll keep him til he's done taking them.

Spikey92

Juvie Member
Wow if thats true your petsmart is differen than others.Normally your baby goes "to the back" and theyll give u a new one. They normally dont really care and its widely known that they often leave sick animals in the back room to die. No vet treatment. Its cheaper for them to give you a new one.
I would have marked the little guy with those breeder pens cause honestly Im kinda worried theyll just give u a new one.
When Spikey had parasites it was within the 2 week warranty (which is sick.You dont put a warranty on a living creature.eitherway) I told the lady she probably had parasites(her poop really really stank) and asked them if they would pay for the vet and medicine since she probably already had it when we bought her. They said No.But we could bring her to them and they could give me a new one. And if Spikey made it (of course she would have.she was fine besides her stinky poo) they would give her back to me.But this is very unlikely the woman said. How can she say that? She didnt even know in what shape Spikey was.
For me it clearly showed that they dont care.They would have taken her,given me a new one and either sold spikey again or let her in the back room to die.
This is really sad but in most cases true :(

Nichole0113

Original Poster
i go in petsmart twice a week because it's next to my school, so I trust a few workers. But just in case I took a few different pictures of Smaug. I really don't want a different one. Even though I've only had him for 1 week, I get really attached to my animals.

And they gave me the number of the vet and said they would call me when the vet sees him. If they hurt him.... :angry5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom