baby beardie being aggresive

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettwigan

hi i have a bearded dragon about 2 months of age maybe a bit older and i'me trying to handle it i've had a good day were it did let me hold it but now it jus puffs itself up and then it bit me... and i know it shud'nt be this way any tips would be good thanks

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
They go through stages of being brats!! Just like kids :lol: . Just keep spending more time with him or her!! You can try the tee shirt that you have worn all day in his viv!! Also they stress out very easy! Good luck... Also what are the temps in your viv and how are you measuring them, also what type uvb bulb are you using?

Pravius

Juvie Member
Be slow! Make all of your movements extremely slow around your beardie. Also if you are trying to pick him/her up try to do it from the side as opposed to the top. In nature their natural predator are birds so if you are moving in fast from the top it may think you are a bird coming in trying to eat it!

slacker13

Our dragon loves our daughter, when it comes to me he is still timid. She scoops him up from the front under his head and slides her hand right under him. I would just try and grab him from the top, he hates that. But when he is on me he plays the whole time now. He puffed and turned black on me for awhile too. It passed after a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom