Baby bd fell off deck ................... i feel horible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andylee

Just 10 min ago me n my buddy daebo were on the deck soaking up a few rays when my dog came flying up the deck stairs 10 ft high ish then daebo scrambled so fast out of fear and fell through the crack in my deck he landed 10 ft down onto ROCK.I felt so so so so bad he hasnt been moving much he usually eats right after we come in and he has yet to touch anything im scared for the little guys life. I can see no visible injurys but he still has yet to hardly move....................................... PLZ provide any type of feedback . I know the info is a little bare but im a little bit in shock yet ....has this happend to anyone? .... wow i feel like ..

gini

Sub-Adult Member
Oh! I'm so sorry for you and deabo. I really can't help you with this one, but maybe someone with more experience will be able to answer quickly for you. I hope he's okay.

Andylee

Original Poster
Thank you for the kind words its muchly appreciated, just a update he keeps bulging both his eyes out they are purpleish redish...... This officialy sucks ...im scared ...(emontionally attached to this guy) As well i just cuaght him waving his head around opening his mouth rolling his eyes around.. Doing really really akward motions.

gini

Sub-Adult Member
Poor thing. I was hoping someone would respond with more experience... Can you take him to a vet?

Andylee

Original Poster
looking better for most part, moving, even ate a cricket. I hope he was just stirred up and injury free but for real thats a huge drop for a little guy. PRAY FOR LIL DAEBO

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I honestly think that you should take him to a vet. He could have internal injuries that might be able to be treated. I am not guaranteeing he has internal injuries, but, if he did land on a rock from a 10 feet drop that is a fair assumption of assessment. It is possible that if he does have internal bleeding, that early treatment could save him.
So, at home right now, there is nothing more you can do other than keep him comfortable & try to keep him from moving around as much as possible in case of severe injury. Also, it is good to remember that a lot of times, if they are injured, that it may not show immediately. They are extremely good at hiding injury & illness because it is an innate behavior. In the wild, they do not want to succumb to predators so they do not show weakness.
If you need to find a reptile vet, try this link:
http://www.herpvetconnection.com

Until then, monitor his behavior, try to keep him calm. Move his lights down to where he does not have to climb to bask so he is just laying on the bottom of his tank with no rocks, limbs, etc right now. Is that possible to modify his tank right now to get him more comfortable?
Is his beard black at all?

Tracie

Andylee

Original Poster
Thank You very much Traci for all your words his beard was a little blackend earlier this morning infact a good portion of himself was very dark, he seems to be doing better then he was he ate a few crickets but mostly just basking... As far as being able to hide injury i belive it when it happend i knew he was hurt but now he acting mostly normal. Thank for the link will follow up with more info.A vet would be a granfd idea. Again thanx all

Andylee

Original Poster
Its the day after the fall and things are looking ok. I dont wanna say they are great but def better then yesterday. Yesterday he was bulging his eyes out on both size(crazy crazy looking) he had his beard puffed out and he was waving his head like a crazy man really scary stuff. Last night he started moving around normally and today he seems close to normal. BUT HE STILL SPENDS A LARGE AMOUNT OF HIS TIME HIDING, he has never been one to hide all day ........................ im def still a little worried. Can that mean anything? And also he seems much more scared and skittish then ever running from people even his buddy lex my border collie.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Welll........ look at this from his point of view. If you fell that distance , wouldn't you want to lay down and hide ? I would just keep a close eye on him.. Document everything, even if it is normal. You also might want to remove the hide, if you are not able to closely watch him inside that.
Janie.

MBrian

Juvie Member
I still would try to get him to a vet ASAP even if things look like there getting better, Tracie is really knowledgable with beardies and it's always a good thing to be on the safe side.

As far as the "hiding" part, that's a normal reaction your beardie is scared and it might take awhile till things get back to normal.At this point i wouldnt bother him to much it's important to keep a close eye on him or else I would say cover his Viv with a sheet or tape paper around the glass so he can get use and feel more safe in his enviroment.Hope your beardie feels better.

Andylee

Original Poster
I must say to all THANK YOU very much for info. Im trying to find a local vet to look at him im hoping i can get him in asap i have the yellow book in front of me. Im def doing my part to make sure daebo will be ok praying i can get him into a great vet that can let me know exactly whats up . AGAIN THANK YOU TO ALL ... Also the link tracie gave me was great if i would live in any other state but ND there is nothing for ND on the site bummer. But if i need to make a road trip i certainly will for this guy.

Andylee

Original Poster
Daebo appears 100% ok. he is eating more then ever and has more energy then imaginable. Im waiting on a day the vet i was recomended picks up the phone. But all in all he appears to just have been startled,and a bit in shock, hes ben running all over and acting fine so im hopeing as well as praying all is good
Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom