Aros and Persephone Rose. RIP Larry. New Pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Mavellie":hn3tfknf said:
I thought he was brumating off and on for a while but in his baths recently. He hasn't been able to lift his head and has started to loose a lot of weight and its like he's given up. He's just wasting away, I'm taking him in for tests so we'll see.

Well, I'll be praying for the both of you, and please keep us informed...(((((((hugs to both)))))))

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm trying to think of what's best for him, the vet and I can tell that he's given up. It's not a parasite, or illness. I'm spending as much time with him as I can next week and then letting go, he's starting to suffer and there is nothing we can do. Thank you so much for your thoughts.

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Ellie, I just wanted to stop by and say I wish you the best with Larry and I know you'll make the right decision for him if it's his time. 13 is very old for a dragon and it seems he's lived a very spoiled, pampered life with you. You've done an awesome job to keep him alive this long and have him looking so good at his age. Just know that you have a lot of support and friends on here when the time does come.

On a happier note, how is my little Persephone doing lately? Is she growing any? Dr. Olsen still asks about her a work :) I actually found some pictures of her on my phone during the surgery (her with her anesthesia mask on) and even a pic of her little arm :-X If you want them I can put them online for you.

Best of luck with everything, stay strong!

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
BaskingBaby":2g51n200 said:
Ellie, I just wanted to stop by and say I wish you the best with Larry and I know you'll make the right decision for him if it's his time. 13 is very old for a dragon and it seems he's lived a very spoiled, pampered life with you. You've done an awesome job to keep him alive this long and have him looking so good at his age. Just know that you have a lot of support and friends on here when the time does come.

On a happier note, how is my little Persephone doing lately? Is she growing any? Dr. Olsen still asks about her a work :) I actually found some pictures of her on my phone during the surgery (her with her anesthesia mask on) and even a pic of her little arm :-X If you want them I can put them online for you.

Best of luck with everything, stay strong!

I'd really love that! Persephone always cheers me up :) She's growing slowly, but has a healthy belly and great bm's. She's eating reptiworms regularly, and her stitch is almost completely out. I don't want to pull it out because it is healing so well, and I don't want to mess with it. She has so much spunk, and I am about to move her to a 20 gallon because she is a lot less cautious of her suroundings now.

Thank you so much for your kind words. The vet said that there is nothing to be done, and that he seems to think its his time. The best thing I can do is let him go. My sister is coming with me to put him down, and then I'm having him cremated. I love him with all of my heart and I can't watch him suffer. He doesn't even look like my lare bear right now. I really apreciate the support, I'm a wreck over this. He's been in my life since I was 10, I just can't imagine my life without him. I imagine looking at his empty tank, and its just so hard. My dad is helping me redo the tank so it looks completely different, and I'm going to move Aros in there. I think it might help me to heal. Do you know where I can find an urn?

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Mavellie":1tw2pcyl said:
The vet said that there is nothing to be done, and that he seems to think its his time. The best thing I can do is let him go. My sister is coming with me to put him down, and then I'm having him cremated. I love him with all of my heart and I can't watch him suffer. He doesn't even look like my lare bear right now. I really apreciate the support, I'm a wreck over this. He's been in my life since I was 10, I just can't imagine my life without him. I imagine looking at his empty tank, and its just so hard. My dad is helping me redo the tank so it looks completely different, and I'm going to move Aros in there. I think it might help me to heal. Do you know where I can find an urn?

I just want you to know that I'm going through this with you all the way........I'm imagining all your feeling and am heartbroken along with you, just like our biological families, we here are bonded together by the love of our beardies, so I'm praying that you will be comforted through this knowing you've been such a good mommy, and believe me, Larry also knows that. Only someone who really cares would allow their baby to rest in peace and not suffer anymore, I'll pray for strength during this difficult time. I'm so glad your sister is going with you, is it this Friday?
Here are a few sites for Pet urns: http://www.perfectmemorials.com/marble-patina-brass-cremation-urn-keepsake-free-case-p-2895.html
http://www.ashestoashes.com/Cremation-keepsakes.htm

Hopefully these will help.............(((((((cyber hugs)))))))

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much. Yes its this friday, 10:30am. My sister is going to come with me and I'm going to hold him as I say goodbye. Thank you for finding the urn sites, I know I'll find something thats fitting.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Mavellie":31bkj1rm said:
Thank you so much. Yes its this friday, 10:30am. My sister is going to come with me and I'm going to hold him as I say goodbye. Thank you for finding the urn sites, I know I'll find something thats fitting.

Your welcome, and I'll be praying for you at that time, I'm so happy that you'll be with your sister.

When you think of it, you got Aros around the same time you got Larry, (age wise, 4 to5 months old) and you said he reminded you of Larry when he was young, also a rescue. And then there is Persephone Rose, an amputee, but handicapable, yet needed someone who would make her feel like a princess.
I believe, and don't think I'm crazy, that sweet Larry sent you both babies, who had to have someone that would take care and love them, like they should be cared for,............... and all this, just so he'd be able to leave you and yet, you wouldn't be alone. :cry: :cry:
(I NEED TO STOP, I DON'T THINK I'M HELPING, BUT I REALLY BELIEVE IT)

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hey girl, I've been sick but I wanted to pop on here and let you know that I'm also thinking and praying for you. I know how hard this decision was for you. Big big super cyber bear hugs!!!!! You have lots of us who are with you in spirit...Let us know if there's anything you need!

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Larry went to sleep Friday, and I haven't had the heart to be on here. I miss him so much. Words cannot express how much I loved him. I had him for thirteen crazy years, and this loss is truly profound. He was my little buddy. We had a living Irish wake for him. He ordered pizza and we shared our favorite Larry stories.

Today I finally had the heart to take apart his tank. I redid it for Aros and they look nothing alike. I finally put down tile and took out Larry's favorite things, except his Buddha. I left it as a tribute to him. I moved Aros's favorite things in, and then redid his tank for Persephone. Then I framed my favorite picture of Larry, it was from my sophomore year in high school (seven years ago). I took it for a black and white photo project, where he earned me an A. It's hanging on the wall by his old tank. I'll post the pictures tomorrow, today has been hard. T

hank you so much for the love and support, it really means a lot to me. I would never get through this without all of my friends and family.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
I'm so glad to read that you are ok, even though I know this is so hard for you to go through. I'm so glad that you were able to share special moments about Larry with the family in your celebration of him, I'd love for you to post that favorite picture of Master Lawrence when you feel up to it, I know you really loved him and I agree, the loss is profound, so I'm glad that you have Aros and Persephone Rose to keep you company during this time. Please stay in touch if your able, and know that we're here for you. (((((((cyber hugs)))))))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom