Aros and Persephone Rose. RIP Larry. New Pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Well I can barely stand how cute Persephone Rose and Aros are, Persephone's wound has really healed nicely, she's such a trooper, along with such good care from her mommy.........great updates.

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beardie osk":2zcyq8ty said:
Well I can barely stand how cute Persephone Rose and Aros are, Persephone's wound has really healed nicely, she's such a trooper, along with such good care from her mommy.........great updates.

Thank you! I do try my best with her, but she is makes it easy :)

fez09

Extreme Poster
Awwwwwwww :love5: What a sweetie, she always has a nice creamy belly!!!! I'm so glad that she's doing well!!! Aros is a handsome guy too! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow! :shock: Is Persephone still being finicky about her bugs??

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
spurlee01":3nyzl2oy said:
What cuties!

Thank you!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

fez09":3nyzl2oy said:
Awwwwwwww :love5: What a sweetie, she always has a nice creamy belly!!!! I'm so glad that she's doing well!!! Aros is a handsome guy too! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow! :shock: Is Persephone still being finicky about her bugs??

I know! She isn't afraid of anything! I love it. Such a pistol, and a fighter (thank god). I love being a beardie mom to my trio, Larry even woke up for a little bit today! Here is a shocker, Persephone ate eight reptiworms and some salad! That girl doesn't know what she wants, but I'm glad she wanted worms today!

Today was awesome :love5:

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hi Ellie! How is you trio?? You're slackin a little on your update girlie! :wink: I might have to start some :protest: soon!!!! Is Persephone eating more day by day?

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
fez09":1sjsgs7q said:
Hi Ellie! How is you trio?? You're slackin a little on your update girlie! :wink: I might have to start some :protest: soon!!!! Is Persephone eating more day by day?

I know! I'm sorry my computer crashed, so I have to do all my internetting on my phone :(

She ate a ton yesterday but not that much today. She is doing really well though, its like she gets more energy everyday! She's a spitfire lol

fez09

Extreme Poster
That's crappy about your computer, is it still ka-put?? We would just loooooooove to see pics soon!

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
fez09":3266cam1 said:
That's crappy about your computer, is it still ka-put?? We would just loooooooove to see pics soon!

It is! It's killing me, I'm logged in at work just to get a little bd.org fix. lol. :lol: I dropped it off at a friends because it's this trogan/malware that keeps healing and I can't find the heart of the infection :banghead: . I really hope he can get her working because this simply won't do, Persephone is far too cute for this.

:help:

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hey Ellie! How the heck are ya?? I'm assuming that computer is still not working...Crap-ola! I hope you can give us an update on the scaley babies!!!

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
fez09":7gted5v2 said:
Hey Ellie! How the heck are ya?? I'm assuming that computer is still not working...Crap-ola! I hope you can give us an update on the scaley babies!!!

I had to drop it off at one of those places, lets see how much it'll cost me :banghead:

BUT I went to repticon Sunday and got all sorts of feeders for my babies! They loved the sugarworms, excellent idea.

I have some bad news that is really weighing on my heart. I had an idea that Larry might be slipping away, and I talked to a vet specializing in reptile there. I am most likely going to have to let go of the old man. It brings tears to my eyes, having spent more of my life with him than without him. However he is too weak to even hold his head up, and is refusing forced feedings. I'm making an appointment next week, but it looks like our journey has come to an end. Thirteen years old is a long happy life, and I don't want to tarnish it by making him suffer. I'll let you know what the vet says. :cry:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Oh Ellie, I'm so sorry to read about your sweet Larry, master Lawrence of Arabia................I'm sad when I look at your Christmas card, :cry: but you have been such a good mommy to him, I am very impressed on how faithful you've been in caring for him, when you got him at such a young age.......... and I know you don't want to prolong his life if he's suffering. My heart feels for you and I will pray for your vet visit, and the outcome. Please keep us posted, and I'm here for you if needed.

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beardie osk":7xathkw7 said:
Oh Ellie, I'm so sorry to read about your sweet Larry, master Lawrence of Arabia................I'm sad when I look at your Christmas card, :cry: but you have been such a good mommy to him, I am very impressed on how faithful you've been in caring for him, when you got him at such a young age.......... and I know you don't want to prolong his life if he's suffering. My heart feels for you and I will pray for your vet visit, and the outcome. Please keep us posted, and I'm here for you if needed.

Thank you so much, I made the apointment for next friday so I can get everything in order. The vet told me that its just extreme old age. I had a feeling that Christmas card would be our last, he's been going downhill for a while. It's just too hard to let go.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Mavellie":r87jof1s said:
beardie osk":r87jof1s said:

Thank you so much, I made the apointment for next friday so I can get everything in order. The vet told me that its just extreme old age. I had a feeling that Christmas card would be our last, he's been going downhill for a while. It's just too hard to let go.

Do you mean this friday or a week from friday for the vet visit? I don't know if I'd say "extreme old age" but he is getting up there, I know. I didn't realize he was sick, have you done a stool sample or blood work on him? You said he was going downhill for a while, may I ask what symptoms you were seeing? Please forgive me for asking, I am just curious along with being heartbroken :cry: :cry: ...........You've done so well by him all these years,..................Prayers and hugs going your way.

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I thought he was brumating off and on for a while but in his baths recently. He hasn't been able to lift his head and has started to loose a lot of weight and its like he's given up. He's just wasting away, I'm taking him in for tests so we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom