Arcadia tube stopped working after less than a week

ownedbyP

Beardie name(s)
P
Hi
I bought an Arcadia T5 24w 12% UVB kit last week. New from store. Worked fine all days but today it wont turn on. We tried the obvious steps: On off, other plug in, screw the tube free and resetting it. It does not work. No nearby pet stores have them for us to drive to today. We can hopefully get one tomorrow but I am writing this thread in case that won't be possible.

If you guys have any ideas why this happened and more importantly if theres something i can try to make it work, let me know please. My beardie is recovering from a rough sickness and I am anxious to get it back up and working.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Make sure the cord is plugged into the end ofvthe light securely. One of minecwas tough going in when i got it.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Tried this. All plugged in as it should be with no change :(
The fixture itself probably has failed. I had a lot of trouble out of the ZooMed but the Arcadia have been good so far. I hope you can get your dragon back under some kind of uvb soon. If it's warm enough where you are, nayve you can take your beardie out side for some real sun.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Arcadia has now released a new version of the Luminize UV lamp. Can you clarify what kind of lamp you have, perhaps there is a photo of the box?
The new version of the lamp has a function to control the lamp via Bluetooth from a mobile application, maybe this is the issue?

ownedbyP

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
P
The fixture itself probably has failed. I had a lot of trouble out of the ZooMed but the Arcadia have been good so far. I hope you can get your dragon back under some kind of uvb soon. If it's warm enough where you are, nayve you can take your beardie out side for some real sun.
Fingers crossed we get hold of one today. Unfortunately not, we are actually having freezing temps at night still

ownedbyP

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
P
Arcadia has now released a new version of the Luminize UV lamp. Can you clarify what kind of lamp you have, perhaps there is a photo of the box?
The new version of the lamp has a function to control the lamp via Bluetooth from a mobile application, maybe this is the issue?
I dont think this one is that "smart" so to speak. It should be this one

ownedbyP

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
P
You did everything right by ordering a replacement. You may be able to repair or replace a non-working lamp with a new one using the current warranty and it will become a spare for your terrarium.
Thanks Nick. We fortunately managed to get an identical set today from another store so beardie is set back up. They tested both armature and tube in the store - Neither worked.. I'm gonna contact the first store for a refund, hopefully they oblige but most importantly is that beardie is back on the correct light.

Thanks everyone!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom