Anyone near Vacaville, Ca? he found a home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Not my ad, but if anyone can help out. I would but I don't have any more room or money for a vet for him. Let me know and I can give you the phone number for it.

Free bearded dragon and cage (Vacaville)
Free to good home. Experience preferred. 5 year old male bearded dragon, with a big tank with sliding screen lid, lockable. Comes with everything. Needs replacement UVB and heat bulbs. Also has good heat mat.

I got this beardie today, without seeing him first and inaccurate information on his current condition and health. I have no experience with bearded dragons, and now, will not be able to keep him due to my living situation, which changed immediately once I brought him home.

I was told he was coming out of burmation. But I don't know if that is true or he was incorrectly cared for. He is acting as if he has calcium deficiency. His front arms are weak, and he doesn't move his back legs. He also seems a little underweight. But I don't know what is normal for him or beardies in general.

He shows interest in food, and ate several crickets today, and lettuce and strawberries. So, that is a good sign. He did have to be hand fed the crickets though.

Since he can't move his back legs right now, to walk, he cannot catch his food and I'm concerned how well he could drink water.

I've talked with an animal expert, but only one. The suggestions are to give him proper lighting and heat, proper food, with calcium dust and vitamin D, and give him a week or so to see how he does and if he really is in burmation or has a calcium deficiency or maybe both.

I'm willing to do this, and nurse him back to health, but I'm currently staying the summer with my parents, and they do not want this beautiful lizard and his large cage in their house. I didn't think it would be an issue, but it is.

If he does have a calcium deficiency, he may fully or partially recover. But I don't see any reason why, even if he doesn't fully recover all the strength in his back legs, that he couldn't live a full and happy life. As long as you continue to accommodate him and help him if needed.

The main thing is to provide proper light and heat, and of course, a good diet.

He is suuuuuper sweet, calm and gentle. He shows that he definelty appreciates attention and petting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom