Any experiences with phoenixworms.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I misjudged how many crickets I had left and now I'm running out so yesterday I ordered some phoenix worms from phoenixworms.com. I live in Texas so the temps are too hot to ship crickets right now :/

Anyone used that site before? I'm just looking for some feedback on it. I was also wondering about how long it'll take for the worms to get here because they ship USPS...

I'll have to go to petsmart today and buy some crickets so I need to know about how many to get. Ugh I don't even want to go in there...I know they have tiny 4" baby beardies and it's just going to frustrate me :cry:

keschete

Sub-Adult Member
Phoenix worm store has fantastic customer service. But PW's can die from heat just like crickets. Check them when you get them and make sure you call if they are dead, because they will replace them if there is a problem.

Great Customer service. Make sure you are home to receive them. Usually they will be there by Friday or Saturday if you ordered yesterday of today.

crickest

Juvie Member
They ship second day through USPS as part of the cost of the worms. Mine were in great shape when they arrived and I still have almost 400 left from the 1000 I ordered on the 22 of June. (I only feed them in the am). You could contact them about changing the shipping, but I'm sure it will up the cost.

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
they're good people over there. I ordered through them the first time, then went a'shopping trying to find a better price the second time, and after I calculated shipping in most people were WAY higher, and a few came pretty close. One actually was a few cents cheaper, but didn't have any in stock anyway, so... lol Anyway, UNlike every single batch of cricketse I've ever purchased, I didn't have a single PW die of the 600+ I got in and fed off. Someday, I'll do the calculations behind buying 1000 crickets and having 500 die off, or buying 600 PW's at a higher price and having no die off. Add in the higher nutritional value, and somehow I'm thinking PW's vitamin for vitamin are a better buy!

mischa

Juvie Member
Also if they seem a little dehydrated just add a drop or two of water to the substrate they're in they should be fine! PW.com is a great place if you have any ?s just call or e-mail them they reply really fast and will help you with all your needs!

Maize

Hatchling Member
I never had a problem with them. I just know next time I will be getting the large size of PW. I didnt realize how small they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom