a new baby and he eats tons of crickets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angiethegreat

Hatchling Member
Hey Guys!
So I was in the Beardie ER for the last week and didn't intro myself..... needless to say my rescue beardie died..... :( poor little dude, the MBD was way to bad for Jack to make a recovery....
But we went to our fav pet store saturday to buy dog food, and decided to wander by the beardie enclosures! And there was Gibson, trying to hatch an escape plan..... he was hopping up and down trying to scramble out of his tank.... we just couldn't leave him there, even though there was a sign that said "not for sale".... but I talked the guy into letting me hold him and then we got to take him home! Apparently he just got there that morning from the breeder so thats why he wasn't for sale. Luck for us!

Does anyone know if its ok to let Gib eat as many crickets as he wants each time I feed him? He's a savage! :D

~ Angie and Gibson

angiethegreat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
18Aug09_download014.jpg

Gibson the great! *lol*

chrismnc

Juvie Member
Yes, for babies you feed them as much as they want in 10-15 min. Mine is such a pig also. I don't know where he puts it!

Smid

Hatchling Member
Yup, let little Gibson eat as much as he wants in 10-15 minutes 2-3 times a day. They eat a tonne!!!

And he is gorgeous!!

Liz

angiethegreat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
What does it mean when Gib sits on his tree with his mouth open a bit?? His temp is 101.7 right now...
Are they bright enough when they are babies to monitor their heat! He'll move when he's to hot right??
Is there any leafy greens babies shouldn't eat??

angiethegreat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
His body is just under 4" long and he's just under 10" long nose to tip. The biggest part of his belly he's 1.5"! He's about 2 mths old.

angiethegreat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
does anyone live in Alberta or a rural area?? I need some cricket advice :) the pet store guy :banghead: said 100 crickets would do Gib about a week! I have enough for tomorrow, and since Jack's issues were caused (in part) by the pet store here, I am ABSOLUTELY not giving her any of my money! So I need to have crickets shipped to me :)

Thanks Liz, I think he is pretty fabulous! Amazing how fun they are and how much personality they have! Gib is funny!

And is it normal that when the light goes off at nite, they fall right asleep? I shut the lights off and he just fell asleep right there on the bottom of the enclosure..... I tried to move him cuz I want him to sleep in his little make shift hut, but he was "dead asleep" ........... normal??

~ Angie

Callahan9119

Hatchling Member
Yes, they just plop down anywhere, mine never goes in his hide.

Right now he is actually sleeping on top of it, standing up against the glass completely vertical /shrug, whatever floats his boat.

angiethegreat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Really? OK, cool! I was just concerned and I think abit paranoid since the whole Jack fiasco! I just want Gib to be happy and healthy! I took your advice Callahan, and looked for the little dragon that was the most active and most alert! And boy he sure is both! He's always climbing on everything! Today he was climbing on wire lid!

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
aww look at his little belly hangging down i just got my first baby and jeeze do they ever eat so much i love it i cant wait to watch it grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom