(#4) Very Very nervous :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm at a friends house and I won't be home until Monday evening (its Saturday). My parents are taking care of Gizmo and I have been calling all morning to check on him. I just got a hold of my mom and asked if she'd given him his crickets yet. She hadn't!!! It was 4pm when I called and he gets his crickets at 3:30 and his salad at 2:30. He hadn't had anything to eat and she turned on the powersun which I had written on my "Grizmo Care Sheet" not to turn on except for one hour. It had been on since 9am! and the heat was off and so what my dehumidifier and she said the humidity was at 55%! I about had a stroke! My poor baby! I staid on the phone till she turned the powersun off, turned his heat light and plain light on. The plain light puts off little to no heat be keeps the tank lightened and waited for her to turn off the dehumidifier. I heard my dad in the background saying "If we let anything happen to this thing she's gonna hate us" and he is right :angry5:

God, I am freaking out right now. The only reason I am at my friends house is because its her birthday and we're going out of town.

I called my neighbor and asked her to go over to my house to check Gizmo once in a while. She knows exactly how to take care of him because she spent a few days at my house and I showed her what to do because she wants to get one.

I'm almost afraid for my other baby, Pandora, my ball python, though she doesn't require as much work, just a tank misting and a mouse when I get home.

:cry: I hope Giz will be fine.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, I'm confused about some things in your post. I don't understand why the Power Sun is only on for an hr a day. Is it because you heard of some health issues associated with that bulb? If so, is Gizmo showing some symptoms that you're worried about?

Why is Gizmo only supposed to eat his crickets at 3:30 and not get his greens until 2:30? If he's still as young as he is in your avatar, he should be fed crickets 2 to 3 times a day and have fresh greens put in his tank in the morning. You mentioned that the Power Sun was on, but the "heat light was off", not sure what that means. :? Does he have a basking bulb as well as a Power Sun? What is the distance to the MVB? A humidity level of 55% is a little high, so I'm not sure why you wanted the dehumidifier turned off?

How was he when you got home? Hope you had a good time at your friends house. Sorry for my confusion, perhaps you can explain if you'd like.

Nikki1292

Original Poster
He isn't a baby and he is find. I just call him my baby. I measured him and he is almost a foot long. Second, my parents wanted an exact time for when they had to do what so I estimated the times I did things with him. And Gizmo had been showing some symptoms from the powersun so until I can go into town, it isn't only on an hour then his regular light and heat light are turned on. And I never checked the distance but it is perfectly fine. And my mother didn't listen to my instructions so she didn't turn the heat on which added to the humidity and she put a large dish of water. With the heat on its about 30-45%. At night its about 45-50% with the dehumidifier on. Its the best I can do. Oh, and why I do give him his salad an hour before the crickets is because if I give them after he won't eat it. And I have tried to offer him crickets twice but he never eats most of them. He eats about 12-15 crickets then stops for the day. Sometimes I offer a few more but he rarely eats them.

Hope that helps :)

And he is doing perfectly fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom