$1/gallon petco sale does not include reptile tanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remus

Its dumb! I called my local petco, and they said the sales is only for aquariums :( i think they should include the breeder tanks as well. Id rather build one anyways....although, if i could get a 40gal breeder for $40, that'd better cost wise. Anyway, figured id let some of ya know if you didnt already.
i would so buy one, but i guess fish tanks arent as wide as they need to be for a full grown beardie :(

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
In our town they have the 40g breeders for $40. We've bought several of them so far and trying to do the math to see if we can get any more. Eating hotdogs for the next two weeks....LOL o_O Ah the sacrifices...

Remus

Original Poster
Lucky!! I called and asked about the breeders,and the lady said the breeders dont count because it has a screen lid :( maybe i will call a different petco and ask them. Or, i may just go in and make them feel bad hehehe :twisted:

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
You have to buy the screen lid separately. It's the Aqueon brand aquariums, but they make a 40 breeder that does not come with a lid. That's what is $40 in my town.

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
ShannyBeard":vm6auebr said:
You have to buy the screen lid separately. It's the Aqueon brand aquariums, but they make a 40 breeder that does not come with a lid. That's what is $40 in my town.

This. I got one a few weeks back. You can't get an exoterra or villa tank, but the aqueon brand is on sale.

Remus

Original Poster
okay, i will look for that brand. The lady just said "no" to the reptile tanks...maybe she was just dumb lol i dunno. and i live in Oregon.
I will check them out tomorrow cuz i gotta go buy a new UVB and hood tomorrow anyways. I usually go to Petsmart just because they have better prices, and they are more knowledgeable in their products.

Majora

Remus":2ybzszit said:
okay, i will look for that brand. The lady just said "no" to the reptile tanks...maybe she was just dumb lol i dunno. and i live in Oregon.
I will check them out tomorrow cuz i gotta go buy a new UVB and hood tomorrow anyways. I usually go to Petsmart just because they have better prices, and they are more knowledgeable in their products.

Well if you asked her if the sale included the reptile tanks, she was right, because it doesn't. Lol. Aqueons are fish tanks, but they're the same thing. The only difference is that the reptile tanks (Zillas etc) come with sliding screen lids. Just get a screen top and pop it on the 40B fish tank and you're good to go.

Remus

Original Poster
ShannyBeard":35zp1fkf said:

Well is the width the same as a breeder tank? If not, i have access to a 50 gal fish tank that i can get for free, but id rather have one with more floor space ya know? I guess ill check'em out.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Remus":3l31ynez said:
ShannyBeard":3l31ynez said:

Well is the width the same as a breeder tank? If not, i have access to a 50 gal fish tank that i can get for free, but id rather have one with more floor space ya know? I guess ill check'em out.

I have no clue....but if it is freee and it has height and no floor space, then you can get an arboreal lizard - there are some geckos that would be cool in that kind of tank... :mrgreen:

We have green anoles in a 29 gallon fish tank and it works great for them!

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
The Aqueon tank in question is a 40 gallon breeder. Your petco should have a lid in stock, they have a hinge in the center (lengthwise) so it's easy to open.

RainMaiden

The 40 gallon reptile tanks at Petco (that come with the sliding lid) are the same dimensions as their 40 gal breeder tanks.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
our petco sales the 40 gallon breeder fish aquariums for the $1/gallon sale.. not the reptile tanks.. so we're trying to get Jango one of those.. and then if we can get it.. we're gonna order the lid separate and get new lights and such for it. My hubby's gonna call this morning to see if they have any left.. last time I was there, wich was last week.. they only had one left.. I so hope they still have it!

40 gallon breeder tanks are 36Lx18Wx16H

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
JangoMom":a43m73s0 said:
our petco sales the 40 gallon breeder fish aquariums for the $1/gallon sale.. not the reptile tanks.. so we're trying to get Jango one of those.. and then if we can get it.. we're gonna order the lid separate and get new lights and such for it. My hubby's gonna call this morning to see if they have any left.. last time I was there, wich was last week.. they only had one left.. I so hope they still have it!

40 gallon breeder tanks are 36Lx18Wx16H

Most stores only have room for one on their shelf, and they have a bunch in the back. The first time we went, the spot on the shelf was empty and we asked and the person said they must be out. This was day #1 of the sale. I called back the next day and the manager said they have a TON in the back and he was sorry we were turned away. When we went back they had set up a display with maybe 6 of them. SO be sure to ask the MANAGER if they have any more in the back. :D

Majora

ShannyBeard":20iyo0a6 said:
Most stores only have room for one on their shelf, and they have a bunch in the back. The first time we went, the spot on the shelf was empty and we asked and the person said they must be out. This was day #1 of the sale. I called back the next day and the manager said they have a TON in the back and he was sorry we were turned away. When we went back they had set up a display with maybe 6 of them. SO be sure to ask the MANAGER if they have any more in the back. :D

And if they don't have any in the back (I know my store only ordered three for the sale and two were bought by employees - one being me, lol) ask them to order one for you. Make sure you ask them for a rain check for the sale price in case it doesn't get there before the sale ends. But if you ask them to order one tomorrow, it would probably get there next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom