Heat cable for roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Does anyone use this to heat their roach bins? I'm using a really old human heat hat right now, and I'm pretty sure it's a fire hazard LOL. I know you can use regular reptile heat pads, but I keep my bin on a high shelf, so it would be a huge pain to have a heat pad stuck to it since I have to move it from my shelf to the floor to open the bin.
It's on a metal utility shelf, so I was thinking of taping the heat cable to the bars of the shelf underneath the roach bin. I have a dimmer that I'll put it on to control the temps.

Erimis

I have been using a heating pad, heat cables and a CHE! But then I have three bins of roaches. I am going to rearrange them today and think I can get away with just the heat cables and the heating pad. I tried putting the cable on the outside of the bin, but now have put it inside and the roaches seem to like it.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
I use heat cable under my roach bin and my cricket bin. It seems to work pretty well. I have the same problem as you do Jess. My feeders are higher up on a shelf and I needed the heat to stay put. Heat cable seems to work alright, I am looking into heat tape though.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks for the responses, I think I'll just go ahead and get some. I looked at heat tape too, but I was confused about how you get it to work LOL. It looks pretty cheap though!

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
That's the same stuff, but I don't they sell it pre-assembled. It looks like it is still sold by the foot on there. The basic reptile guys will assembly the whole thing for you if you want to go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom