Autumn's new Official Thread update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Autumn roughly a year ago, August 2010. He is from Sandfire Dragon Ranch and a gift from my older sister. I had no idea what I was getting into. I got him home and put him on crushed walnut shells, fed him dusted crickets and mealworms every day. I then found this thread and had to start all over lol. He started in a 20L and has upgraded to a 40 breeder. He grew like a weed when we first got him and thought he was a she for the longest time, hint the name. When he started popping orange and yellow colors, we just stuck with it.

His set up is simple but efficient. He has a stick like thing lol that he has had since he was a baby that he loves. This is what he basks on and the basking temps range from 100-103°. He has a Repti-sun mounted inside his cage roughly 8" from his basking spot, but can get 6" away if he chooses. I have a regular 75W household bulb for his heat source and a 15w bulb for added light on the other. It has came to the point where I am worrying about brumation, so today I added a large hide I made out of a usps flat rate box. I added my old shirt that he sleeps on inside the hide for added comfort. He was not impressed when I placed it into his viv today. I will add some pics in a little bit.

Thanks for reading.

Autumn as a little guy
101_3586.jpg

101_3593.jpg

Autumncage002.jpg

100_3630.jpg

Autumn as a big boy
105_3647.jpg

105_3662.jpg

003.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Probably the same one I got, did you check it for accuracy even though?
Autumn is one big dragon, how does he measure up to your keyboard?

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
What do you mean about my keyboard. Width wise? Summer came in at 161 I think though. Those are the only two things I measured.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Oh a laptop user LOL JK
Having a laptop near me, wow, the comparison puts him into perspective. By far bigger then any of my dragons (thus far).
He is shedding too, seems to be a rash of sheds going around :wink:

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Autumn is watching the Tigers game with me, well he's trying. He keeps going in and out of his beardie dream land.

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Today was bath day for the big guy. It goes like clockwork. He splashes around for about 5min, floats (puffs up and closes his eyes) for about 10 min, when he wants out...he poops. His poops are back to normal from his impaction, thank goodness. After bath time, he goes in his burrito and sits and watches TV with me for about 15 min, then back in his tank to warm up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom