Cherri-New Pics 5/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
We brought home a 1 year old female today! The previous owner wanted to rehome her as her two young sons were not paying attention to or interacting with their dragon. The boys' Mom had taken good care of her, but she felt that the boys had lost all interest in their dragon. Being a wise mom, she decided that this little girl needed to be in a new home where she would be well taken care of, interacted with and loved. The previous owner had contacted my vet to ask if she knew of someone who might be interested and of course, my vet called me. After having my vet pass my phone # on to the owner, we enjoyed a lengthy phone conversation and decided that I would be bringing this little girl home with me today. My dragon family has now grown to 6: 4 Bearded Dragons, the 3 females and of course, Assassin, my spoiled juvi male and the 2 Mountain Horned Dragons, 1 female and 1 male.

Our new little girl is, we believe, a Sandfire cross (I know the breeder that the former owner got this little one from and he's been working with various lines based around the Sandfire Males that he owns). She has some deep, rusty orange and orange coloring with darker side bars. Today she was very dark in the area of the side bars, which would be due to a little stress and nervousness from relocation. She is approx. 1 year old, measured today at about 15 and 3/4 inches and weighs approx 256 grams(she wasn't liking the scale at all so it was a little tough to get an exact weight). She ate for me a few minutes after being put into her temporary viv (a breeder viv until the hubby finishes her new viv this week. He's building a 36" L X 24" DX 18" H). She got to chill in her new viv for the afternoon and take in the new surroundings, basking and sitting tall. I was quite impressed that not only did she eat, she did not hide out or seem terrified of all the change. She got a nice, long, warm bath this evening, a bit of snuggling in her towel and a chance to roam around the couch and explore for about 1/2 an hour. Shortly after putting her back in her viv, she curled up in her little cave, her little snout poking out of the doorway and is now sleeping soundly.

We plan to give her a new name, but as of yet that is undecided. The boys who had her had given her a name based on her coloring, and I can't remember it for the life of me! It was a silly little name that young boys would think of. LOL So, I welcome any suggestions. Maybe something will come to me in a day or two after watching to see her personality.

So here are some pics of the newest member of the family, ENJOY:

Bath time:
feb72010newgirl032-1.jpg

feb72010newgirl039-1.jpg

feb72010newgirl030-1.jpg

Snuggled into her new towel after her bath:
feb72010newgirl045-1.jpg

feb72010newgirl046-1.jpg

feb72010newgirl049.jpg

Curled up in her hide, ready for bed. She had a long day:
feb72010newgirl051-1.jpg

She's really a sweet little girl and already seems to be settling in pretty well. More pics in a day or two!

fez09

Extreme Poster
Sandy, she's very pretty. I like her dark coloring! For a name how about Sienna (since it's like her coloring) I hope that she settles in well and doesn't go all Mojo on you!!! :wink:

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
She seemed to do very well today. When I went to pick her up, she snuggled right up to my neck the first time I picked her up. The former owner gave me the cave/hide thing she likes and I put that in her new viv as a security blanket. Was surprised that she didn't hide in there at all today.
She even ate for me right after I got her home, so thats a good sign.

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
whos the breeder she came from im looking for a male with a beard that color hubby wants one for his bday this month

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Sandy--

She is very beautiful. Congrats to you on your new family member, and congrats to her on getting a wonderful new mom!!!

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Renee, She does have pretty orange with white spots in her beard. The previous owner bought her from a local breeder. It's the same breeder my smaller adult female Bella came from. Although he's an ok breeder, I don't generally recommend him as he has some breeding practices that I don't agree with (he does way too much inline breeding for most of his lines, IMO). I found out that the previous owner had gone to the same breeder when I went to pick this new little one up today. Last I knew he didn't have a website anymore. If I get a chance I'll give him a call on Tues (he's closed Mon) and find out. I'll let you know.

Cindy, Thanks! She is a cutie. She just needs to have more attention paid to her and some correction with lighting and food.

SlabOMeat

Hatchling Member
Cool! She is really pretty. Love the deep rusty reds. Sounds like she's already liking her new home. :0)

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks Phil
I'm waiting to see how those red/oranges look after a shed. Looks like her head and feet may be getting ready to. Plus I think she's a little dark all over right now due to a little bit of relocation stress, although she doesn't seem overly stressed.

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
The previous owner had it and said this little one was very fond of it and slept in it. So I brought it with her to give her something she was familiar with in her new home. Not sure where she got it, but it is pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom