I put shedded beardie skin under a microscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymall007

Hatchling Member

Ladyhawk42

Hatchling Member
Really interesting. :) I especially like the one of the spike scales. Grover says, "I can haz spikes?" When you're older, Grove, when you're older. Wait. Does he have them now? How old was the beardie that shed?

When I was sixteen years old, a gopher snake struck at my hand and I made the mistake of pulling back. The bite didn't heal because I had yanked out some of the gopher snake's teeth and they became embedded in my thumb. When the wounds started to fester, I realized what had happened. I managed to get some teeth out by myself, but finally had to go to the doctor to have the rest taken out. The doctor was curious and put a tooth under a microscope. There was a little barb on it. I guess that's why they didn't come out very easily. ;)

Skymall007

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm so glad you guys like them! =) That makes me so happy :blob8:

This is my first shed with my beardie and so the skin is from that. I am not sure how old she is, but she is about 11 inches I believe. She has spikes but when I had a baby beardie he didn't have spikes either ahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom