nursing home visit :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you may know i was going to take mr be bop to my work...i'm a cna so i work with the elderly....So my one resident isnt doing so good :0( She doesnt have much longer to live so i went and showed him to her and she got SOOOO EXCITED! So i had to let her hold him...he fell alseep on her chest and she had the biggest smile on her face!! PRICELESS MOMENT! Omg i almost cried!!! She held him for a half hour!! he stayed asleep and she seemed so peaceful :0). too bad i'm not allowed to take pics :0( Most residents and MOSTLY co workers were scared of him! Ill make fun of them tomorrow hehe. But Ill be taking him in every week to have the one resident that sick hold him and cuddle with him!! :blob8:

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Omg you finally did it! Remember I was the other person that works in a NH and I wanted to bring a beardie. You made a difference in that person's life allowing her to have an experience that she wouldn't normally have. That's priceless. :D :D

Your reminder couldn't have come at a better time. I need to get on this and bring a beardie in to where i work. You never know when it will be their time to go and that one last experience is a memory they need. Right now one of my favorite patients has coded and the EMTs are here doing CPR. I came to my office and saw your thread. I bet she would have thought my dragons were really cool.

Becky08

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes i remember!!! U need to get on that!!! Bring ur baby in!! It was such a great experience for the both of us! He was such a good boy! Ill pray for ur resident! Hope everything is ok! Ill be thinking of u!

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Thank you for the prayers and thoughts. She was a cool lady.

I just emailed our administrator asking for permission to bring in a dragon. I'm psyched!!

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
that was so nice!

i know my grandmother would have been like "get that thing away from me!" lol, she hated my iguana.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
I got permission! I had no idea, but our administrator takes care of the science class beardie on all school breaks. :shock: :mrgreen:

Becky, did you have any concern of them getting pricked with spikes? Did you bring hand sanitizer? Just wondering so I can think ahead! It's so cool that you did this!

Becky08

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he is a leather back...so hes not prickly...they actually have Sanitizer wipes at my work so i gtabbed a container and wiped their hands after they touched him. Im so excited for u!!! I also brought him on a little blanket so put him on just in case he would freak out. Have fun!

EccentricME

Hatchling Member
Oh that is soooooo awesome!!!! I remember you talking about that. I can just image the faces you brightened up! Even the people who didn't like him you still stirred up their day, they probably need a little excitement in their lives.

When I worked at a NH there was one lady who said she hated snakes but she remembered my corns name and touched my snake tattoo on my arm all the time. I think it was nice for her to talk about something different, didn't matter it was a "gross snake" :lol: Now I wish I would have brought him in so everyone could take a look. Maybe if I work at another one I will do something like that with my dragons.

Becky08

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah! It does put some excitement into their lives! Most didnt know what it was...my one resident says....is that a lobster!! Omg i was dying laughing! Too funny!

mgodfriaux

Hatchling Member
I know what you mean about being there last good memory I took slim in when a friend of mine that was getting ready to pass away he was in the hospital and he kept asking to see slim he kept him for an hour he was very happy slim walk the whole way of his arm licking and he gave him a lizard kisses my friend passed away the next day but I'll never forget to smile on his face when he was holding slim

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Ah, geeze... like I needed to cry today lol. You guys are great for taking your beardies out for others to enjoy.

Becky08":flexichz said:
...my one resident says....is that a lobster!!

HAHAHA that is priceless!!! :lol:

Becky08

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mg..thats sad im sorry...least had slim!:0) xtina! It was so funny! She goes get thst damn lobster out of here! Lol!!

mgodfriaux

Hatchling Member
Thanks Beki I appreciate you're sorrow. .. he was in a bad way for a long time. He had bladder cancer for a few years the nurses said they had never seen anybody fight so hard to live. But I am glad I took slim in. I wasn't going to because of hospital rules but then I decided it wouldn't be right not to we all knew he didn't have much longer. It made him happy and it was just a simple thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom