How do I get more light in my viv without emitting more heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddma

Juvie Member
I have a dual canopy hood light. it holds 2 flourescent tube lights and 2 halogen lights. My basking side is a good temp, my cool side is a little warmer than it should be. When i take out the halogen bulb on the cool side the temp is good , but my tank is a little on the darker side. any suggestions on how to put more light in my enclosure without emitting more heat? i am using a household GE reveal bulb (white light) 100w.
if i needed to raise my basking temps what basking bulb would i need to use, cause i don't believe there's a household bulb that goes higher than 100w.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Dawn,

The hood that you have holds two fluorescents, correct? I assume you have a uvb bulb in on one side...what is on the other side? Have you considered a regular fluorescent household bulb for the other side? Those don't emit much heat, if any.
As far as raising basking temps...there are houshold bulbs over 100 watts. :wink:

Hope this helps! :D

LJean

Extreme Poster
I was also going to suggest using another flourescent tube for more light. The (swirly looking) energy efficient bulbs don't put out as much heat as a regular bulb. Hope you find something that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom