Helicopters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starforce2

Juvie Member
Do they provide any nutritional benefit? Seems everything eats them, squirrels, birds..these animals must know something is good with them. My dragon ate one last time I had him outside. Not off the ground ofcourse, the grass is freshly chemicaled, but they should be safe strait off the tree since nobody around here is spraying trees/crop dusting. I'm just curious if they contain anything good? They are seed after all.

dmglakewood

Hatchling Member
I would say don't do it. While other animals may love them I don't think anyone has any facts on what they will do to your beardie. If I don't know what it will do to my beardie I just avoid it and give him stuff I know will be good for him.

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
I wish we knew if they were good! We have a ton of them, and I could give my kids something to do by peeling the bean out of it. LOL

dmglakewood

Hatchling Member
Well I know more then 1 type of tree drops helicopter seeds. I guess you would have to know what tree it is to start. Once you find out what type of tree it is you might be able to find some nutrient facts online maybe. That would be the only way I know about finding this info out.

Starforce2

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I can say that maple tree leaves have appeared on more than one "safe for lizzards" feed lists. If we use some common sense on how nature works, generaly species which produce in massive numbers don't waste energy on complex defensive systems, such as poison, they simply rely on sheer output to covercome the odds of survival, so at the very least I seriously doubt they are toxic. As for if they are nutritionaly good for him, still at a loss for that information. And who said anything about peeling out the bean? He ate the fricken thing whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom