bathing dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmyandVael

I bath my dragons about every other day sometimes more if they are shedding... I use a Frisbee to bathe them in because it is shallow and they can jump out if they want to.
OurReptiles030.jpg

lizards005.jpg

My baby girl likes to jump in walk out then jump back in its cute.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
LOL A frizbee? That is so stinking cute!
I used the bathroom sink when Blaze was little. She has moved up to the kitchen sink, now.
The two big dragons that I recently rescued get baths together in the bath tub, and so does Esham (our monitor).
I like the bath tub because it has a nice slope to it - there is a shallow and a deep end. This way, they can swim around and play and then retreat to the shallow end to get out of the water, for the most part.

I bathe anywhere from once a day, to every few days (3-4), but I try to bathe everyone at least once every other day.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
I bathed Scorch every day when she was a baby. They seem to shed constantly when they are little and the water helps. Also then you don't have to worry about them drinking and staying hydrated because they absorb water in their bath. Allot of people bath their adult dragon daily as well because the water relaxes them and they poo, staying regular.

harharley97

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thank you everybody for your input this is why i love this site always helpful people and can find answers to any questions i might have thanks

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Our two adults gets bathed every other day, our 3 juvies get a bath every day, especially if they won't drink water. Sweetie is 3 yrs old & she's the one we've had the longest, she's a long-distance swimmer, swims around the tub 2 or 3x, then gets into the corner. I took a video to show; as a result of all this swimming we were able to stop the Metabolic Bone Disease she was starting when we adopted her (she was 5 mo old at the time).

Check out the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WtRdww_vH4

We graduate our beardies too; once they can jump out of the kitchen sink, which is quite deep, they graduate to the bathtub. :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom