YAY!!! Lilly's egg hatched today!!! pics included

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayl55

Juvie Member
So here is teh hatchling from the only surviving egg from Lilly's first clutch with me. he is Soooooooo cute!!! I dont want to sell him! who knows, maybe I'l keep him, seeing as he's Lilly's first..but that woudl make it 3 permanent dragons in our small apartment. Yikes! but anyways, heres some pics of the hatchling..all tired and sleepy from his exahusting trip out of the egg :) Enjoy!

009.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

I think hes adorable :) But I'm biased, cause hes a part of my Lilly

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
Congrats....

I remember when you first got her and didn't even know she was pregnant :shock: ....I would have completely freaked out....You did great job considering the circumstances......she/he is a cutie......so tiny.

Take care and best wishes to your dragons :D

hayl55

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you very much :) I wish I coudl have raised them all, but with my lack of knowledge on teh care of eggs at teh time, and teh lack of a hovabator really made teh chances of any survival slim..So this little one is a bit of a miracle baby to me :)Heck for teh first 2 weeks it was "incubated" on top of a water heater, with fluctuating temps ..until I got a styrofoam box and made an incubtor with a tank heater.. At least now if Lilly ever lays another clutch I know exactly what to do thanks to everyone on this site :)

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
hayl55":487ef said:
thank you very much :) I wish I coudl have raised them all, but with my lack of knowledge on teh care of eggs at teh time, and teh lack of a hovabator really made teh chances of any survival slim..So this little one is a bit of a miracle baby to me :)Heck for teh first 2 weeks it was "incubated" on top of a water heater, with fluctuating temps ..until I got a styrofoam box and made an incubtor with a tank heater.. At least now if Lilly ever lays another clutch I know exactly what to do thanks to everyone on this site :)

I'm sorry if you posted it and I missed it along the way but did she only have one set of eggs or did she end up having another batch? Just curious...

hayl55

Juvie Member
Original Poster
she only ended up haveing the one clutch..wich leads me to believe teh guy who sold her to me already got 1-3 clutches out of her, thought she was done, then sold her..my poor Lilly :( oh ell, shes in good hands now. I love her to bits, and am soo proud of her :)

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
hayl55":5f8ee said:
she only ended up haveing the one clutch..wich leads me to believe teh guy who sold her to me already got 1-3 clutches out of her, thought she was done, then sold her..my poor Lilly :( oh ell, shes in good hands now. I love her to bits, and am soo proud of her :)

Guess that makes you Grandma now..... :D

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
hayl55":58803 said:

Just curious - were you able to measure her right after she hatched?

hayl55

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Shoot no, I didnt...i'll do that tonight when I get home from work. Id like to measure her growth rate, just to make sure I'm doing everythign right :)

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
hayl55":5b050 said:
Shoot no, I didnt...i'll do that tonight when I get home from work. Id like to measure her growth rate, just to make sure I'm doing everythign right :)

She/he looks so tiny - I'd be curious too. (I don't know you personally but I'd bet you're not going to sell the baby-Just my prediction :D )

hayl55

Juvie Member
Original Poster
luvthydragon":bc4ff said:
hayl55":bc4ff said:

She/he looks so tiny - I'd be curious too. (I don't know you personally but I'd bet you're not going to sell the baby-Just my prediction :D )

SHHHHHhhhhhh!!!! dont tell :p lol, naw, I am going to raise this one and if I sell him/er I sell em, if I dont well YIPPEE :) lol, I'm happy either way....just going to be REALLLY picky on who gets this litle one

hayl55

Juvie Member
Original Poster
heres how long he/she is...its between 4 1/2 inches, and 4 1/4 inches, he/she jsut doesnt want to lay staright for me lol
027.jpg

Aww!!! What a beautiful baby! :love5:
Congrats on the little one! I'm sure you'll make room to keep him/her somehow. I have two in my apartment and could def make room for another if I wanted to, so I know you'll get it figured out. :wink:

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
what a cutie-so tiny (I know I all ready said that but....) SOOOO CUTE
Looks really healthy and has a little belly :D

Thanks for sharing him/her with us :D

Take care and best wishes to you and your dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom