Tiny beardie - 7 months old? Lots of pics!! HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbysa

Hey all.

A friend of mine and myself both got beardies at the same time from the same guy here in South Africa.

We bought identical lights etc EXCEPT I bought a reptiglo 10.0 uv and he didnt. His idea was to let the beardie sit by the window and get sunlight during the day and when he is off work and weekends he will sit with him outside in the sun. That was his justification for not getting a UVB :banghead:

I am not sure how much UV his little beardie got.

Now Im not sure if that has anything to do with the growth of the beardies. But his one is less than half the size of mine. at 7 months his barely measures 12 inches, while mine is over 15 inches. But the body mass and everything is hugely different.

This is my baby

22092008038.jpg

30092008054.jpg

30092008063.jpg

13092008031.jpg

And this is his one:

05102008085.jpg

06102008089.jpg

06102008090.jpg

06102008091.jpg

The photos of mine was taken 2 or 3 weeks ago. The photos of his was taken yesterday.

I am going to be baby sitting this little guy for the next 2 months. I have him under a Uv and the temps are all great. He is eating nicely and I bathed him last night. He actually drank water in the bath which i was suprised at as mine never does that.

Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

LJean

Extreme Poster
Just give him the best care you can while he is with you. Keep up with calcium suppliments and a good UVB light. Have you given him a bath? Maybe he could use some hydrating.

Also, please let your friend know that the glass and screening on the windows, blocks the UVB. ;)

abbysa

Original Poster
I have to give my beardie a bath later on so I will try to take a photo of both beardies next to each other, I just dont want to stress either one out!

Some more feedback would be great PLEASE!!!

LJean

Extreme Poster
Has he been eating with you? How many bugs has he eaten? What kind of bugs/worms are you feeding?Has he pooped? If he seems to be pooping ok, then I would try feeding him at least twice a day. Dusting the bugs once a day with calcium.

abbysa

Original Poster
LJean":f6629 said:
Has he been eating with you? How many bugs has he eaten? What kind of bugs/worms are you feeding?Has he pooped? If he seems to be pooping ok, then I would try feeding him at least twice a day. Dusting the bugs once a day with calcium.

I feed her 1/2 crix and meal worms. She loves the meal worms. She wont eat any veg though. She does eat alot and is active and she pooped last night. Her first night here too. So thats a good sign. I always feed my baby twice a day. I am doing the same with this little guy. I woke my beardie up to bath him and took photos. I kept them far away from each other though. I will post the pics now.

abbysa

Original Poster
Keep in mind that they are the same age and from the same breeder!

His one (Frankie)
06102008093.jpg

My baby (Abby)
06102008099.jpg

06102008100.jpg

06102008101.jpg

Frankie in the bath:
06102008094.jpg

06102008095.jpg

06102008098.jpg

And my Abby in the bath:
06102008102.jpg

06102008103.jpg

06102008104.jpg

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
they both look active and fit; he may be underfed though - at that age you can give as many bugs as they will take but some people restrict what they feed which will obviously restrict growth. Mine will take 30 crickets at a feed, three times a day when he is eating properly

kirby

Extreme Poster
it will end up with MBD, its probably plotting along on a thin line from the D3 from the suppliments.

sunlight through a window is silly, glass filters 99.8% of the UVB. plus, they need between 2-3 daily hours of sun without uv tubes.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Awe...
I'm sure you will be able to fatten him up and then he will have a growth spurt. ;)

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
kirby":4ac61 said:
it will end up with MBD, its probably plotting along on a thin line from the D3 from the suppliments.

sunlight through a window is silly, glass filters 99.8% of the UVB. plus, they need between 2-3 daily hours of sun without uv tubes.

kirby, do you mean 2-3 hours of outdoor sunlight?

kirby

Extreme Poster
yes. 2-3 hours of natural sunlight daily is enough. it varies between days, whether its cloudy or sunny. although even a sunny day can have less UVB then a cloudy at times.

1sttimebeardiemom

Juvie Member
If it were me I'd hold him hostage until his owner got him a UVB! lol But that's just me...how long have you had your? They need to be replaced ever 6 months and alot of people on here say to stay away from Reptiglo 10.0's that the 8.0 are good bulbs and Reptisun 10.0 are also good. And at 7months meal worms have little nutritional value. I'd stay away from supers until your little one is at least 16inches as well. Silkworms, hornworms, and pheonix worms, along with roaches or crix are good staple feeders. You are doing great taking care of the little one kudos for helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom