nails

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbluex

Juvie Member
Not sure where to put this but this seemed like the only place to do it.
One nail on Pancake just..well..disappeared!
The nail is completely gone. Theres only a small 'nub' like thing left attached to the end of her toe. I have no idea how she did this. Theres nothing for her nails to get snagged on, so I'm thinking she was scratching on a piece of wood when it came off. I've looked everywhere and cant find the nail in her tank. Theres no blood or anything, and it doesn't seem to be bothering her. The 'nub' thats left doesn't even look like its an open wound at all. It kind of looks like it happened months ago and healed already. I know the nail was on her yesterday so it happened sometime today.
My question is, is there anything I should do about it? Like I said it doesnt look like an open wound at all so I don't think it will get infected?

ArdorAndZeal1

Hatchling Member
is there anything in your tank that Pancake may have snagged her foot on? reptile carpet? Hammock? etc?

-
if so... she may have bitten it off, or turn off.

This may not be the answer but has occurred in the past.

Keep us posted!

xbluex

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Nothing in her tank to get snagged on which is why its so weird. If she bit it off then wouldn't there be some of the actual nail left??

ArdorAndZeal1

Hatchling Member
I would assume -- unless she bit it above the nail...

was it possible there was a possible cut./infection and instinct took over and she "amputated" herself?
-
This type of myserious vanishing toe, has been discussed on this site before... maybe you can find something better to guide you than my guesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom