MY BEARDED DRAGONS HAVE GONE OFF THERE GREENS

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi could any one give me some advice please i have three 2 1/2 year old beardies that are great they have always eaten like pigs both bugs and greens but the last couple of weeks they've gone off there greens and now they wont eat any please help

dragon1983

Original Poster
not realy they are awake 8 til 8 and move round the viv abit (not like they use to runing and digging) but i have removed there substrate since there not eating as they knock it over and i dont want them to eat any if its covered in substrate

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Have you tried changing up what they eat, veggie wise ? Also, they could be just getting ready for either a shed, or brumation. It is getting close to your winter time isn't it ?
Janie.

dragon1983

Original Poster
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i use to feed them dandilion greens an a small amount of spinich and the accational bit of red pepper but the last few weeks ive tried everything to get them to eat
roman lettice
kale
collard greens
carrot
squash
peas
green beans
parsly
water cress
clover
its about a month and a half to two months till the start of winter?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Then, yes they miiight be getting ready for brumation. I would suggest a fecal exam on all three just to make sure they are clear and ready.
Janie.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
dragon1983":81e47 said:
its a exoterra reptiglo 10.0 uvb bulb and a 50 watt basking bulb

hmmm I am thinking the bulb could be causing an issue. You should get rid of that bulb as it has been causing quite a few issues for people and try getting an arcadia 12% or reptisun 10.0. Just stay away from the reptiglo 10s and coil bulbs. I am almost willing to bet after a couple days with the new bulb your dragons will be up and running again!

ok so 20 celcius is about 70 degrees. I don't think that should be enough to trigger any brumation but I am far from a brumation expert. I am still betting it's the bulb.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
zebraflavencs":0e8b4 said:
Ah, that is it then. Try this instead, since those glos have been known to cause problems , the same as yours are now experiencing.
http://www.shelledwarriorsshop.co.uk/arcadia-d3-reptile-tube-12-353-p.asp
Highly rated, and available in the UK. Change out every 5-6 months for best results.
Janie.
Oh here is some more reading, so you can decide which is the best light for you ;)
http://www.uvguide.co.uk/phototherapyphosphor.htm
Hope that helped !

jinx lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom