Beardie injury seems infected

nickthompson

Original Poster
On my Beardy left foot on his smallest toe. I noticed the scrape on Sunday morning, and it swelled up over the course of that day and has now begun to leak pus and some yellow substance. I’ve tried Neosporin and pure honey but it seems to be getting worse. I’m still not sure if I can make a vet visit and need to know how I can help him or is this is normal or an urgent issue.
IMG_8895.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
On my Beardy left foot on his smallest toe. I noticed the scrape on Sunday morning, and it swelled up over the course of that day and has now begun to leak pus and some yellow substance. I’ve tried Neosporin and pure honey but it seems to be getting worse. I’m still not sure if I can make a vet visit and need to know how I can help him or is this is normal or an urgent issue. View attachment 89723
Please get him to the vet --- www.arav.org type in a bigger cities zip code if your in a small area - keep putting the honey on it raw unfiltered like Manuka

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So the raw honey & antibiotic ointment hasn't helped yet? They definitely have specialized
skin/scales that trap bacteria between the layers. You might want to consider getting a vet visit
if it doesn't clear up.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom