Zinger's reunion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
:oops: STORY!
Today I was taking my dogs out and I spotted little yellow tufts in the grass. DANDELIONS! I freak out and pick like 7 of them. I run inside and wash them off. Then I realize something..... I dont know wat part of the weed to feed Zinger!

My mom would never let me store something like that in the fridge and Zinger's fridge hasn't been set up yet. I don't have a fridge. I got some of that clear Press-N-Seal wrap and wrapped the wet dandelions in it after spraying it with more cold water. I stored in in Zingers dark doggie carrier while I looked up what part of the dandelion to give Zinger.

MEANWHILE...

I look over at Zinger and my worst fears come true. His bottom jaw is potruding! MBD! I run and ask dad to look at him. Dad says he looks normal and, Dad's right. He does look normal again.

I start racking my brain.

LATER ON

I figure out the whole dandelion is safe; the stem, leaf, or flower. So I give Zinger The flower ripped up. Then, I did something unbelievable. :oops: I pop a piece into my mouth. IT WAS DELICIOUS! :lol: I had two more pieces and Zinger ate up. So dandelions=good! :D

CONCLUSION!

I look over again and his jaw is potruding even farther out than before. I stay calm and pick him up. I inspect him more carefully. AHA! This is shed skin that is potruding, not his jaw!!!! :roll: :? :lol: :oops: The booger must have pushed it down when I left the room. Take a breath of relief!

He was also in a really funny position that I'll post picks of later.

Haley

PS: He's refusing the dark phoenix worms! Booger. :angry5: :banghead: :roll:

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
MBD = scary. :shock: Glad he's OK. I just saw that photoshopped pic and I thought I would die laughing! I want more! :protest:

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
dolcedragon":cb2b4 said:
MBD = scary. :shock: Glad he's OK. I just saw that photoshopped pic and I thought I would die laughing! I want more! :protest:

Which one did you see? Heres one to curb your craving:

Jaden-and-Zinger-Married.gif

My sister and Zinger. I never would have guessed. :(

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
I saw the one with the video camera... and now this. :laughhard: :laughhard: Bah ha ha!! You're such a dork (in a good way) :D
Did your sister see this? And couldn't Zinger at least wiped off his mouth for his wedding?

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Have you tried super worms? They are much easier on the wallet. Since she reached 16" I feed Scorch a diet of super worms and phoenix worms as her daily staples. The supers are really easy to take care of, they don't smell like crix do and are huge and cheap. The only downside is having to smash or cut off their heads. Ew! but they are allot easier to catch than crix. I feed them potato, carrot and dandelion green, etc. and keep them in a shoe box size plastic tub I paid a buck for @ Walmart. I think I paid $17 for 500 from mulberry farms. They also sell the phoenix worms and I usually throw in some butters for treats. She will eat 4 or 5 suppers and 10 phoenix for breakfast and the same @ dinner. I feed 5 or 6 supers w/ a butter @ lunch time. She is a major piglet, I think we are talking eating disorder potential. I always thought she was just a good girl eating almost everything I offered up, but lately she has been trying to eat the carpet, cool decking, balcony drain, and my lawn chair. :shock: I think she is starting to understand the word NO! :banghead:

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
VEGASLIZARD":25456 said:
Have you tried super worms? They are much easier on the wallet. Since she reached 16" I feed Scorch a diet of super worms and phoenix worms as her daily staples. The supers are really easy to take care of, they don't smell like crix do and are huge and cheap. The only downside is having to smash or cut off their heads. Ew! but they are allot easier to catch than crix. I feed them potato, carrot and dandelion green, etc. and keep them in a shoe box size plastic tub I paid a buck for @ Walmart. I think I paid $17 for 500 from mulberry farms. They also sell the phoenix worms and I usually throw in some butters for treats. She will eat 4 or 5 suppers and 10 phoenix for breakfast and the same @ dinner. I feed 5 or 6 supers w/ a butter @ lunch time. She is a major piglet, I think we are talking eating disorder potential. I always thought she was just a good girl eating almost everything I offered up, but lately she has been trying to eat the carpet, cool decking, balcony drain, and my lawn chair. :shock: I think she is starting to understand the word NO! :banghead:
I tried superworms twice and Zinger got impacted each time. I dont smash the heads though.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Did he get impacted after he was already 16"? they aren't recommended before that because of the impaction risk.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
VEGASLIZARD":3d3e1 said:
Did he get impacted after he was already 16"? they aren't recommended before that because of the impaction risk.
Yes he was 16 and 17 inches when we introduced them, each time he became impacted.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
UPDATE:

ZINGER HEADBOBBED!!! Im so excited! I was sitting on the bathroom counter as I was about to give Zingy a bath. (he ate 100 phoenix worms)He was admiring hisself in the mirror. He started doing this barely noticeable nod.

At first I thought, "HEADBOB!" But then I was like, "naw..." Then his beard turned black. He started doing the movements. "maybe." Then he poofed his beard, blackbearded, and did the little movements. "most likely."

I still wasnt sure, but I temporarily cancelled his bath and went to the kitchen. We have a huge mirror that runs across the wall, so I stood in front of it and told my dad to watch. Zinger saw himself and turned jet black. He went up and snuggled my neck then returned to business. He poofed his beard REALLY BIG!!! then He bobbed. HE REALLY BOBBED! "yes hes bobbing!"

He kept snuggling me then bobbing. He climbed up, stood proud and bobbed. He was claiming me! :love5:

I know he's starting to like me, he even ate out of my hand! Im so excited. He really loves me.

Haley

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah it's cute at first. Wait till you have a little hormonal brat bobbing at invisible female dragons all of the time and scaring your house guests.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
dolcedragon":c178a said:
Yeah it's cute at first. Wait till you have a little hormonal brat bobbing at invisible female dragons all of the time and scaring your house guests.

Yep... you'll be re-naming him Quagmeier in no time (Giggity, giggity, goo)

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Neromom39":b4045 said:
dolcedragon":b4045 said:

Yep... you'll be re-naming him Quagmeier in no time (Giggity, giggity, goo)

HAHA! lol :laughhard:

I should make my friends hold him when he's being hormonal! :headbang:
You say you dont enjoy the bobbing? does that mean im...*shudder. :whip:

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My mom and dad want to put Zingy back on crix!!! AHHH! Not the smelly nasty things! I literally have nightmares about them. Im dead serious! Ever since Zing has started on phoenix worms, the night TERRORS have stopped. But Zinger eats 100 phoenix worms a day + salad.

So it costs us $100 a month to feed him. NO MORE CRIX! What's another staple thats CHEAP?

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Shoot ANYTHING is better than Phoenix worms. I like silkworms. You can grow them to be giant so it only takes a few for a full dragon. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom