ZILLA BULBS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narwhal72

The bad Desert 50 lamps were pulled from the market in September of 2007. They were replaced with new lamps in August of 2008. The new lamps have a very similar spectrum to the Zoomed Reptisun 10.0. If you purchased your lamp within the last year and a quarter and haven't had any problems there is no reason to change your lamp.

Andy

junebug82

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Narwhal72":3abc5 said:
The bad Desert 50 lamps were pulled from the market in September of 2007. They were replaced with new lamps in August of 2008. The new lamps have a very similar spectrum to the Zoomed Reptisun 10.0. If you purchased your lamp within the last year and a quarter and haven't had any problems there is no reason to change your lamp.

Andy

Good! I bought mine about 3 months ago :)

jmain

Juvie Member
my parents just got Slimeline Desert Fixture includes desert 50 uvb bulb for my birthday. Is that safe to use or should I go get a reptisun 10.0?

Thanks

Narwhal72

They are perfectly safe to use. However I would recommend removing the acrylic lens to get the most UVB out of it. Unfortunately the lens blocks a lot of the UVB but is required by UL safety regulations. It is still however perfectly safe to use it without the lens.
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom