Your Dream Viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

contessa20

Hatchling Member
I thought it would be fun to discuss our dream vivs. If money, space, maintenance etc. were no object, what type of home would you create for your beardie(s)?

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
I would want dedicate our spare bedroom to the beardie. A full zoo quality display. the room is approximately 12x12. I want a 8ft wide x 6ft tall window from the living room looking in. Full packed desert landscaping with authentic plants from australia. desert mesa backround on the walls....

HumorDragon

Hatchling Member
I would have to agree, mine would be half my bedroom, packed sand and plenty of fun hide outs and branches.
:D

contessa20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Like everyone else, my dream viv would be an entire room.

The walls and ceiling would be painted to resemble an Australian landscape. A rustic looking wooden playhouse would be cut in half and affixed to look like it was coming out of the mural and then wooden fence posts would surround it. Since beardie's often climb and lounge on fence posts in Australia I thought this would be a nice touch. :)

Near the house and fence posts a garden of fresh greens and herbs would be planted in individual containers sunk into the floor. This would provide a 24/7 food source in addition to other veggies, fruits and insects. A shallow pond sunk into the floor would gradually go from being level with the floor to 4 - 6 inches in depth. Rocks and logs would be strategically placed in and around it creating a safe place to paddle, lounge or play.

Four Mega-Ray heat/UV bulbs would be placed throughout the room to provide basking spots at multiple temperatures and heights. In addition to the Mega-Ray's the room would be lit by a number of fluorescent lighting bulbs and a bay window of natural light. The lights would be set to come on and go off in a staggered fashion over the course of an hour at the beginning and end of each day in order to cycle through like the sun.

A de/humidifier would consistently keep the humidity at around 50% and the room would be equipped with its own thermostat. Some sort of air-exchange fan would constantly be circulating fresh air into and out of the room. The access door would be glass french doors that you could observe them through as well as to make sure no one gets toes or tails pinched when the door opens and closes.

The room would, of course, come equipped with a large walk-in closet which would contain a fridge for beardie salad, feeder racks for storing worms and roaches, a large sink and stainless steel work-surface, grow racks for replacement herbs and greens and all manner of extra supplies.

shiver905

U guys are No GOOD.. A bedroom thats it?

ID move somewhere arm. Build a glass outdoor pen. ANd connect it to my living room wall for the display

bigdave

I would buy my next door nehbours house kick them out tear down all the walls and recreate the austraillian outback in the intire house includeing murals and fake rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom