You Would Think Pet Stores Would Improve...

but instead, I saw this...
20230517_193333.jpg
there wasn't sand in there before. These poor babies- but they think they know best. The one in the front was most active, running back and forth and the one by it's butt (not the tail) but actual butt was yawning a few times. I made sure it wasn't gasping. I tried to share my concern but it fell on death's ears. I don't know why when I pass these stores, at times I decide to go in-
Rocky was not with me.

Beardie name(s)
Rawr
That's a shame. We actually just got ours from a pet store (We went in for a beta fish...) and they had 4 bearded dragons but each in their own little tank. So at least it's not all commercial pet stores? One of them was just so active and social we fell in love and made the impulse buy then scrambled to get tank and everything setup that night lol

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
There is a very good chance the two larger beardies will injure or kill the smaller ones. What a shame 😔.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Our pet store improved at least it’s reptile carpet the last few times. They’re still not using a heat lamp just the dim strip light..I can’t say it’s a uvb because you know how it is.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
That's a shame. We actually just got ours from a pet store (We went in for a beta fish...) and they had 4 bearded dragons but each in their own little tank. So at least it's not all commercial pet stores? One of them was just so active and social we fell in love and made the impulse buy then scrambled to get tank and everything setup that night lol
Definitely not all pet stores. If you haven't followed the mayhem, I mean history of Rocky...I purchased him (who I was told was a her) from a pet store. I have learned so much since that time. I think it's safe to say that I wouldn't trade Rocky for anything in the world! Actually, we are coming up on a year since that exact day!
I have on a hero's cape trying to save or at least help where I can because I want all beardies to thrive. If beardies could cohabitate, I would buy all of them.

Side note: When did guinea pigs get the size of puppies, geez!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom