You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Ethelia":4912e said:
your partner looks up from his book and says "there is a line Holly. Dont cross the road into crazytown."

Ummm, Holly, you may want to remind Mark that we have all seen pictures of him in Miso's playpen IN his PJ's.. so maybe he should just give in, enjoy the ride and COME ON OVER TO CRAZY TOWN with the rest of us :lol:

you know you're living with beardies when.... looking down at the toothbrush that has now become an extension of your hand you are now a glorified beardie backscratcher.

clbauman7

Hatchling Member
~You arrive home. Mumble "hi cat" without even saying his name and immediately proceed to the next room walking wordlessly past the human family you have, where the next words out of your mouth are "hewo my widdo baby boy! Hows my widdo baby today? Are you hungwy?"

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
clbauman7":18003 said:
~You arrive home. Mumble "hi cat" without even saying his name and immediately proceed to the next room walking wordlessly past the human family you have, where the next words out of your mouth are "hewo my widdo baby boy! Hows my widdo baby today? Are you hungwy?"

Boy....aren't we all guilty of that! :lol: :oops:

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
clbauman7":2cd9b said:

GUILTY! My baby, then everyone else. :lol:

Or in my case, "hi." *walks to my room..."OHHH! Who's a biddle-little-dittle-SQUEEDLES-boodle? A Zingy langer chubourah! Yeah....YeAhhh...."

lol, i hate when people use annoying baby-talk but i am SO guilty with Zinger!

clbauman7

Hatchling Member
haleygirl272":b3ca9 said:
lol, i hate when people use annoying baby-talk but i am SO guilty with Zinger!

LOL me too! My husband likes to point it out and laugh at how ridiculous I sound. But later one he doesn't realize I'm listening, He will baby talk Goliath too! :laughhard:

You know when you've COME ON OVER TO CRAZY TOWN with the beardies when you are in a hurry to go to a business lunch and you stop at the pet store first to get live beardie food, run late, bring the live food in because its to hot to leave it in the car, and then have to tell why your late and whats in the bag!! How did such a small retile get me to do things like that? Oh my husband pointed out that I kept every one out of the cherry tomatos untill I looked on the Nutrition Content on line to see if the dragon can have some first..... after finding out not so much I gave the family the O.K. on having some.

Willa

Hatchling Member
When your twelve year old two legger is at that grocery store with you and ask "Mom can we get this?' and you say "no the beardie can't have it :)
Yu deside that the family needs to eat healthy so you can justify spending $100.00 a week on groceries and have nothing but veggies :oops: Guilty :oops:
When you have stopped calling your family by there names and started calling them two leggers :oops:
Yep I've defiantly moved to CRAZY TOWN :mrgreen: :blob5: :blob8:

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Willa":97554 said:
When your twelve year old two legger is at that grocery store with you and ask "Mom can we get this?' and you say "no the beardie can't have it :)
When you have stopped calling your family by there names and started calling them two leggers :oops:

Teehee, well I'm the opposite-- I'm the 12 (almost 13!!! B-day is looming ever closer....) year old two-legger who bugs the parents 'Can we get squash for Reggie? Can we get babyfood for Reggie? I need a new syringe, mine is all dirty with dried-out babyfood. Can we get more collards? What about Kale? I need mangoes!!!"

You know you're living with beardies when you call YOURSELF a two-legger, as well as bug your parents into spending a chunk of the unemployment severage package on beardie stuffs. :p

:roll: -- Jacqui

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
jacqui778":da5b6 said:
Willa":da5b6 said:

Teehee, well I'm the opposite-- I'm the 12 (almost 13!!! B-day is looming ever closer....) year old two-legger who bugs the parents 'Can we get squash for Reggie? Can we get babyfood for Reggie? I need a new syringe, mine is all dirty with dried-out babyfood. Can we get more collards? What about Kale? I need mangoes!"

Same here!! (except im not almost thirteen (in november :evil: ))

Willa

Hatchling Member
Ok I am way over 13 :cry: My two-legger has her rat and likes to lay with my beardie while she is reading, but doesn't want to clean the poo. I work at a Jr High that doesn't let out until next Thursday. I understand about the screaming :blob8:

flirtycuddle

Juvie Member
When your 2 yr old son comes running with a cup of worms open saying mommie baby needs food now! and wont stop till you feed the baby at least 15 worms that he helps dig out of the cup. Then 4 hours later comes in to do the whole process again. Hmmmm....he is definatly a slave in training even at 2 lol.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
:laughhard:
This has got to be my favorite thread EVER. When I get my list of topic subscription notifications on my email, I always go to this one first.

BeardieBaby69

Hatchling Member
wolfgrl said:
~

~when you get OVERLY excited about going to the pet store JUST so you can look around the reptile section. And to see if they're taking care of their beardies somewhere near the word "properly."

~When you want to work at the pet store just to take care of the beardies...cause they don't know how to lol

Yep I can relate. I scolded the people at petco for using sand. I praised the people at petsmart for NOT using sand.

I have only lived with my lil beardie for about a week and I can relate to some or all of what every one has said in here on this subject!LOL !

Teri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom