You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
flirtycuddle":fee87 said:
U know ur a beardie slave when the guy ur dating knows you are almost out of worms for the baby bearded and on his way over that day goes out of his way and picks you up a can of phoneix worms without thinking of it.
That's so sweet! He didn't want your baby to go without . . . can we say "awwwww"?

flirtycuddle

Juvie Member
He has a sav monitor only and since we have started dating I think I irrate him about animals lol. He wasn't caring for the poor thing right at all so I got online and did a bunch of research for him on the sav and now its eating like a pig and actually growing again. It's only 18in and over 2yr old.

When I bought the bearded he looked at me like what the hell for but the more he sees her the more he loves her lol. He asks every morning when we talk how she is before he even asks about me lol. I give it a month and he'll be buying one of his own lol. He wouldn't even let me pay him back for the worms when he did show up with them.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Okay I just realized this is bad............ :shock: :lol:

You look out onto your front porch and can see... (Yikes! A redneck porch without a couch.)
1 large box of assorted rocks
1 large box of assorted peices of wood and hides
1 large box of extra water and food dishes
1 large box with 3 or 4 different types of tile
And just off of the porch is a 4x2x2 outdoor enclosure

Then you start to wonder just how much beardie stuff do I have?
So you decide to count viv's...ones being used for beardies...ones being used for bugs....baby set-ups...spare feeder viv's for babies....etc...

Okay there were 4 extra viv's on the front porch....I have 8 viv's presently occupied by beardies....plus 2 as roach enclosures....2 ready to plug in for babies when they arrive...with 2 more that can be set up quickly if needed for rambunctious or dominating babies. Go out the back door an there's sits another extra baby viv...then there's the garage where I found 4 more.

Did you loose count? I did twice and had to recount. I can't beleive I have that many viv's on the property.
An I have given many away....whoa! I started with only one merely 6 years ago. :shock:

So yeah you know you're living with beardies when....
you have more enclosures than outlets or space to put them.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
    • pointlaugh.gif

I didn't even bother counting because I knew I'd lose count after the ones already occupied. :lol:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
You know you're living with beardies when....

....you have a special savings account just for them to pay for boarding when you go on vacation.
....you start making lists of all of the things you'll need to make room for the new additions coming soon. (and lists of what you already have lying around)
....when the words "bobbing" and "submission" begin taking on a whole new meaning :shock:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
You jump for joy and almost pee yourself when the 5 day late shipment of 2000k crickets arives and there are 500 alive still!!

You can finally feed your babys intill they pop because you know another 2000k crickets are on the way!

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Freeie":ae5f4 said:
You can finally feed your babys intill they pop because you know another 2000k crickets are on the way!

I can just see the headlines now... "Beardie Explosion is NoCal! Crickets to blame!" :shock: :lol:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Neromom39":90ca6 said:
You know you're living with beardies when....
....when the words "bobbing" and "submission" begin taking on a whole new meaning :shock:
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

Willa

Hatchling Member
Thaat man is a keeper 8) Don't let him get away :lol: bobbing and submission defiantly has a new meaning :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :wink:
You know your living with a beardie when: You get furious when someone moves your beardie veggie cutting board off the counter :x

Wait :!: You know your living wuth a beardie when: You have a beardie veggie cutting board :oops: Guilty :oops:

Willa

Hatchling Member
When you are cutting strawberries up for the family and you get caught picking the best ones out for you beardie :oops: (and you don't even feel remorseful :roll:

flirtycuddle

Juvie Member
You know you are living with a beardie when your 4 yr old comes home from school and runs over to the bearded dragon cage screaming mommie its feeding time and proceeds to help you dig out phoenix worms to feed.

You know your living with a bearded dragon when the guy ur dating comes over to see ur bearded dragon more then you. LOL
(he actually told me he dropped by to check on Kiyoshi lol)

Willa

Hatchling Member
When the bathroom is off limits because your beardie is having a soak :D
When you are out buying clothes and your first thought is " can my beardie cling to this material?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom