You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
Goonie":e2rrhq5j said:
.. . . the blankets and pillows and other stuff are strategically placed on the couch so they could be used as climbing devices to get on top of the couch

My husband comes in the livingroom an hour later and says, why the hell are all the pillows on the damn floor? :blob5:

pyrovamp

Hatchling Member
Punkrockdragon":165zilwf said:
YKYLWBW: You've stopped cutting your wrists because your afraid of getting salmonella from when your babies climb on them. BD's can be therapists too, ya know haaa...

thats good that you did and yes they are every calming :blob5:

MissT

BD.org Addict
.... your house is a mess but your beardies vivs are beautifully cleaned
.... you have a giant pile of dishes because it is more important to clean the beardies furniture in the dishwasher
.... the medicine cupboard is filled with beardie related items rather than human meds
....there is a baby bath sitting in the middle of your living room floor that you REFUSE to put away because you will need it later!

Gina, lovedthe superworm comment - I remember doing that when we were fusing superworms!! hehe!

Kate221

Hatchling Member
...you completely forget about facebook and your new favorite site is beardeddragon.org!!
...you don't mind a lizard being near your crotch or going down your shirt because that's where he likes to snuggle.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
YKYLWBW... You have a dream the tornado sirens went off and your beardies' emergency tanks weren't big enough. You wake up and check just to make sure. LOL

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Kate221":q0wcbrue said:
...you completely forget about facebook and your new favorite site is beardeddragon.org!!
Quoted for truth! What's facebook again? :lol:

You know you're living with beardies when... you don't go to work because your little guy is having his first shed and you want to make sure it all goes well and he doesn't hurt himself (I actually did this last Friday)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I agree Kate, we have five beardies & I do a poop count daily. That's when you really know you're living with beardies. I don't schedule much in the am as that's beardie time. Sweetie, my female, sleeps on my bed every night, wrapped up in my late husband's blankie.

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
You know you live with beardies when....

You have 14 hand towels all over the place, because every time she has a bath you get a new one, and leave the old one somewhere else for her to snuggle.

You actually had a dream last night that your dragon was trying to convince you she wasn't Godzilla (true story).

Worms freak you out less and less because they make your baby healthy.

You find dragon skin in your hair - actually, a co-worker does at work.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
YKYLWBW . . .
. . . your dinner is eaten while sitting on the toilet seat cover, for an hour, because you're waiting for your baby girl to finish with her spa treatment (again) :roll:
. . . for the first time in over 10 years, you finally have a faint tan from sitting in the burning sun/heat so your babies would get some natural sun

pyrovamp

Hatchling Member
U know ur living with a beardie when ur watching bizarre foods is eating an lizard and u just about cry for the poor lizard

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
YKYLWBW. . . you have poo samples in the fridge waiting to go for a check.

Wait, what? You mean to tell me that's not normal?

My husband comes in the livingroom an hour later and says, why the hell are all the pillows on the damn floor?

When said husband doesn't ask about the pillows, only high-steps and carefully watch the floor, until you tell him the beardie's been back in the viv for about an hour already.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
YKYLWBW: Your ear is attuned to Rubio's pooping cycle. The minute you hear noise from his tank you know he's running away from the toxic waste on the newspaper & "Please Mom, get it out, out, out, now, now, now!" He's the only one who panics, out of 5, it's weird!
Deb

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
YKYLWBW: you come home from church one Sunday afternoon to see one of your beardies (Goldie) giving you a look saying "where have you been?" You feel you need to explain "we were at church, we go there every Sunday morning" This was because she wasn't awake when you left for church.

Also, your husband knows that look they get when they have to poop, because he's home with them all day.

Jess

Extreme Poster
... When you have a massive hoard of styrofoam pieces, because you just might need them to build another DIY rock one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom