Yoshi ill??

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxerLvr

Many know my baby dragon suzuki died despite many vet attempts. I got Yoshi soon after (tank was just to empty). Set up is as it should with basking at 105, cool at 86, reptisun 10. Custom built enclosure with tile on floor. Heres the issue. Yoshi is VERY active, has since I got her about 3 weeks ago. Last night she curled up behind her plastic plant as always. All was normal. Turned lights on at same time this morning, she climbed on her tree under her basking light and her eyes are half open, beard is half black, no stress marks. She is a red tiger lily and her tail is white as shes getting ready to go through her second shed. She will not eat nor stand nor move. She is 9 inches long and a baby. I'm absolutely baffled here. She has pooped 2 times this morning which is not normal for her and not little ones either. Second one had very little urate and was a tad runny. She pooped 2 times in an hour I might add.

I put her in a warm bath with just enough water to cover her toes. She laid in it and was gapping. My vet is closed for the thanksgiving holiday and the ER vet does not do beardies. Any advice? She didnt' fall because she was on the tile behind her plant when I shut the lights off, and was still there when I turned lights on this morning.

boxerLvr

Original Poster
she had fecal done when I got her. Like I said, all was perfect until this morning. She just lifted her tail like she was going to poop again then started thrashing her head back and forth with mouth wide open like she was choking, she hasn't eaten anything today, not since 4pm yesterday.

Livey

Extreme Poster
oh dear, im not really sure what to say, but it doesnt sound good, you could try PMing a mod,
But i think the best thing to do would be vets, i know you said its shut...
Is she gasping for air?

boxerLvr

Original Poster
My vet was called by ER hospital, met me there. Yoshi passed away, they couldn't save her. I am in shock and tears. She was fine. I've asked for a necropsy to be performed and they are going to send her body to find out why she died. I just can't believe she's gone, and have to explain it to my kids as they are on their way home from school. This is not how i wanted to spend thanksgiving :(

Livey

Extreme Poster
Im am so sorry you lost Yoshi,
Are you sure yoshi hadent fallen?
I lost my poor billy after his lung collapsed , he was doing exactly what yoshi was doing :/
And im so sorry its near thankgiving.
Please dont get too upset :/ I know its hard... but Yoshi wouldn't have wanted you to be sad..
My thoughts are with you

SENDING LOTS OF HUGS ((((((( Hugs))))))))))))))

Olivia x

boxerLvr

Original Poster
Thats the only thing I can think Lively. She has 2 trees and jumps tree to tree. Only thing I can figure is she fell while jumping?? I mean, how can you go from totally active and healthy to gone? The necropsy will show any head trauma when its done.. I just have to know what happened. My children are upset as I am. She was sooo pretty and sweet. She was a special girl and I just dont know what to think, I just still can't believe she's gone.

MissMichelle91

Hatchling Member
Oh, my goodness. I'm so sorry about Yoshi. That's just absolutely awful.
:cry: Hang in there, okay?
We're all here for you if you need anything.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Its very difficult i know.
Billy was the exact same, he was such a big healthy boy and that one fall :/...
It does sound the exact symptoms as bill had...
I heart goes out to you and your family..
The people on this forum helped me though,
and were going to do the exact same now :)
Im hear if you want to talk :)

Olivia x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom