Yellow tip urate, too much calcium or bee pollen?

tedbubz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ted (1 year 2 mo) Western Bearded Dragon - Pogona minor minor)
Hi, my beardie (9 months) just pooped and I noticed the urate tip is yellow (I have attached picture).

I sprinkle calcium on his insects about 4-5 times a week but yesterday I decided to sprinkle bee pollen on his insects too.

Do you think there's too much calcium or was it the bee pollen?

TIA!

20220830_120718.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That urate looks fine. It's ok if the whole thing isn't perfectly white. You can always make little adjustments to supplements/ water intake if you're concerned about it.

-Brandon

tedbubz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
That urate looks fine. It's ok if the whole thing isn't perfectly white. You can always make little adjustments to supplements/ water intake if you're concerned about it.

-Brandon
Oooh ok got it, yeah I think I'll take a day off with the calcium and see how it goes. Thank you so much!

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
Oooh ok got it, yeah I think I'll take a day off with the calcium and see how it goes. Thank you so much!
i know this is an old forum but i was just wondering if laying off the calcium helped? my dragons urate is looking very similar to yours and im just curious.

tedbubz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
i know this is an old forum but i was just wondering if laying off the calcium helped? my dragons urate is looking very similar to yours and im just curious.
Hi! Yes it did, he doesn't have the yellow tip anymore and now I give him less calcium. Sometimes the urate tip will be a pale yellow but according to my vet that is fine, it's the same "texture" as the rest of the urate, not like the one in this photo as the yellow tip was a little harder.

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
Hi! Yes it did, he doesn't have the yellow tip anymore and now I give him less calcium. Sometimes the urate tip will be a pale yellow but according to my vet that is fine, it's the same "texture" as the rest of the urate, not like the one in this photo as the yellow tip was a little harder.
thank you the only way ive been able to get him to eat his greens is with flavored calcium so i suspect he may be getting a little to much. today he randomly decided he like pollen so im gonna hopefully be cutting back on the calcium a bit!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom