Yellow tint and shedding?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
My Chubbs is shedding I gave her a nice soak yesterday wondering if I should repeat it. She has this yellow tint on her tail which is shedding and is loosening from the skin. Is this a normal color? I have only had this type of thing happen to me and I went to the vet for it. She does also have it on her belly that is also loosening from the skin

Sorry wish the pics showed it better she is a tad feisty today but is active as normal

Attachments

• IMG_20220730_145209.jpg
    IMG_20220730_145209.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20220730_145223~2.jpg
    IMG_20220730_145223~2.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20220730_145128.jpg
    IMG_20220730_145128.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20220730_145121.jpg
    IMG_20220730_145121.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
That looks like leftover shed, they shed in patches usually in uneven patterns.
Should I just continue to soak her till it loosens and comes off? She seems to have a tougher time shedding than Amber thankfully it's not yellow fungus. If I happen to bathe her would putting something rough possibly a rock would it help? Her shed or just allow it naturally?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Should I just continue to soak her till it loosens and comes off? She seems to have a tougher time shedding than Amber thankfully it's not yellow fungus. If I happen to bathe her would putting something rough possibly a rock would it help? Her shed or just allow it naturally?
You can soak her but I would only do that a couple of times per week - Blaze just went thru a really hard shed on his back it has been there for a month or longer - I was spraying him and gave him a couple of baths it has finally come off yesterday -- it looked like it was real thick -hes got it on his belly still but the back was the worst -- I have not seen it that bad before -- I let it do its thing tho and it has finally come off

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A warm soak every few days is fine, having rough objects in the enclosure that she can rub against can help too. You can also spray her body down in the afternoon while she's in the enclosure but don't get the whole enclosure wet.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You can soak her but I would only do that a couple of times per week - Blaze just went thru a really hard shed on his back it has been there for a month or longer - I was spraying him and gave him a couple of baths it has finally come off yesterday -- it looked like it was real thick -hes got it on his belly still but the back was the worst -- I have not seen it that bad before -- I let it do its thing tho and it has finally come off
She has it thick on her tail but I was able to give her a bath and soak and it loosened up from the skin. Her belly is coming off but not a lot she shed her head sides and back real easy. I remember I took her to the vet awhile back and he peeled it all off it was a yellow tint like it is now. I let him do what he thought was best and it came off very easy I was afraid to do it. I think I will start back up giving her 2-3 baths a week again till she finally gets it loosened up and off

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
A warm soak every few days is fine, having rough objects in the enclosure that she can rub against can help too. You can also spray her body down in the afternoon while she's in the enclosure but don't get the whole enclosure wet.
That's what I will do she would live in the water if I let her only problem is sometimes she poops after 5 mins. Which cuts her soaking time down but I'll clean it disinfect and then soak her again once I'm done cleaning poop up. She has a rough log that she uses to rub her belly on and her hammock

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
HAHAHA All three of my dragons say 5 minutes is an ETERNITY!!!!! they all hate water.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom