Yellow scales?

Nirt.222

Beardie name(s)
Drago
Hey this is drago, he is now a little under 2 years old. I just took him to the vet a couple months ago for an abscess on his tail. They have some antibiotics and cream and he hasn’t acted any different, except for sometimes he likes to rub his head on the carpet which I never noticed before but he usually just does it when he’s about to shed which makes sense. Anyways, drago has had some yellow spots on his belly for a while almost his whole life. I have asked the vet about it and she hasn’t been very helpful. “Like I didn’t pay her to help me😀” anyways, I’m not sure what to do about these scales but my cage temp is 100 and the cool side is 85 the humidity is around 25-30. I’m not sure if this is yellow fungus because I have done some research on it and none of the symptoms line up so I am very confused. I also give him a bath at least every 3-4 days, I use a toothbrush and I clean the things I use everytime. I hope someone could give me a little advice on what I could do to get rid of this myself or figure out what to do. I do have some cream from the vet that I got for the abscess, I’m not sure if that will work. But I’m willing to try anything for drago.

Attachments

• F2ACAB5C-499D-4123-839E-0E37515A62DE.jpeg
    F2ACAB5C-499D-4123-839E-0E37515A62DE.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 113

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It does look like possible Y.F. The vet should take a skin scraping to check in a lab. I think that Drache613 can do it if your vet can't. For now you can get some Lamisil or Monistat cream at a drug store to apply daily. Don't bathe unless Drago gets poo on himself or otherwise gets very dirty. Offer water once a week with a syringe, slowly dripping it on his snout with a small plastic lid under his chin to catch the water.

Nirt.222

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drago
It does look like possible Y.F. The vet should take a skin scraping to check in a lab. I think that Drache613 can do it if your vet can't. For now you can get some Lamisil or Monistat cream at a drug store to apply daily. Don't bathe unless Drago gets poo on himself or otherwise gets very dirty. Offer water once a week with a syringe, slowly dripping it on his snout with a small plastic lid under his chin to catch the water.
I have some of the silver sulfadiazine cream would that work? Thank you for the reply

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom