Yellow pattern on beard and neck, very confused pls help/ won’t eat after eating in new enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrystanB

Can someone please explain what this is? I just got him a new 40 gallon terrarium the temps are right the uvb is good, he ate the first night I put him into his new enclosure. Now it’s been 2 days and he just stares at the crickets I give him. He does have his stress marks but it didn’t make sense as to why he ate when I first put him in there. I took him out and just now he’s running all around exploring and the stress marks went away. Sorry this is long just confused.

Attachments

• B9683A10-EAB0-4BF7-846B-595F371F2FF6.jpeg
    B9683A10-EAB0-4BF7-846B-595F371F2FF6.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 68CB2AB4-0C59-4200-B541-CE9C6ECCD5A2.jpeg
    68CB2AB4-0C59-4200-B541-CE9C6ECCD5A2.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 8CEC10AA-825E-4AA0-BF5F-743DAA0CD939.jpeg
    8CEC10AA-825E-4AA0-BF5F-743DAA0CD939.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 79

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can someone please explain what this is? I just got him a new 40 gallon terrarium the temps are right the uvb is good, he ate the first night I put him into his new enclosure. Now it’s been 2 days and he just stares at the crickets I give him. He does have his stress marks but it didn’t make sense as to why he ate when I first put him in there. I took him out and just now he’s running all around exploring and the stress marks went away. Sorry this is long just confused.
It looks like coloring and possibly some shed coming on as well --- your UVB your using is a MVB all in one heat and UVB - I see 2 domes what are in the domes please --- his appetite will be off after moving him --- but you need correct UVB and basking temps - if your using a coil in one of those domes for a UVB it needs to be replaced w/ a long tube fixture -- if your using a MVB in one of the domes what brand and bulb please --- also you will more than likely need to upgrade the 40 gallon adult dragons need a 75-120 gallon --- but lets work on lighting and temps first -- are his temps for basking 95-100 ? Also your not leaving crickets in the tank are you?

TrystanB

Original Poster
It looks like coloring and possibly some shed coming on as well --- your UVB your using is a MVB all in one heat and UVB - I see 2 domes what are in the domes please --- his appetite will be off after moving him --- but you need correct UVB and basking temps - if your using a coil in one of those domes for a UVB it needs to be replaced w/ a long tube fixture -- if your using a MVB in one of the domes what brand and bulb please --- also you will more than likely need to upgrade the 40 gallon adult dragons need a 75-120 gallon --- but lets work on lighting and temps first -- are his temps for basking 95-100 ? Also your not leaving crickets in the tank are you?
Yes the dome on the right is an all in one, the power sun by zoo med, and on the left I just took the dome off and put my 18” uvb tube on, but it was a 100 watt heat bulb, I had it in there because it was too cold in that side of the tank but I moved some things around so the temperature on the cool side is 82. And no I take any live food out that he does not eat, my basking temperature is a steady 100-105 Fahrenheit.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes the dome on the right is an all in one, the power sun by zoo med, and on the left I just took the dome off and put my 18” uvb tube on, but it was a 100 watt heat bulb, I had it in there because it was too cold in that side of the tank but I moved some things around so the temperature on the cool side is 82. And no I take any live food out that he does not eat, my basking temperature is a steady 100-105 Fahrenheit.
ok its great that you got the long tube UVB I was going to recommend you get one w/ the MVB here is some info on that MVB
100w version should be at around 12'' or so without any screen in front of it. Using a screen top, they should be maybe 8-10'' away or using the 160w versions should be around 14-16'' away through a screen. I don't have measurements from the output of the 160w versions, but I do have the 100w and can verify the outputs.
Now the T 8 is going to need to be unobstructed NO screen its not strong enough to go thru the screen are you using a Zoo Med Reptisun T 8?
Here is some stuff that works really good for hanging the fixture in side the tank GE 15 ft. Cable Ties, Hook and Loop Spool, Black-10375 - The Home Depot
Its like a Velcro strap cut into strips and wrap around the fixture --- it needs to be directly above the basking decor approx 6-8 inches - how old is the dragon ? a year or older 95-100 baby 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer surface temps please

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
It sounds like a simple case of relocation stress. Think of it this way..... everything he knew has changed, he has to feel safe again. It sometimes takes a few days (sometimes weeks) for them to adjust to their new world. Putting crickets in there loose can make it more confusing for your dragon. He'll come around just give him time.

TrystanB

Original Poster
ok its great that you got the long tube UVB I was going to recommend you get one w/ the MVB here is some info on that MVB
100w version should be at around 12'' or so without any screen in front of it. Using a screen top, they should be maybe 8-10'' away or using the 160w versions should be around 14-16'' away through a screen. I don't have measurements from the output of the 160w versions, but I do have the 100w and can verify the outputs.
Now the T 8 is going to need to be unobstructed NO screen its not strong enough to go thru the screen are you using a Zoo Med Reptisun T 8?
Here is some stuff that works really good for hanging the fixture in side the tank GE 15 ft. Cable Ties, Hook and Loop Spool, Black-10375 - The Home Depot
Its like a Velcro strap cut into strips and wrap around the fixture --- it needs to be directly above the basking decor approx 6-8 inches - how old is the dragon ? a year or older 95-100 baby 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer surface temps please
Okay thank you, I have the mvb hung up now about 10” from the screen and I have my digital probed thermometer right on his basking spot and waiting for the temps to finish reading, and tomorrow I’ll go pick up something to put the tube inside of the tank, and yes the mvb is a 160 watt.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is definitely just pigmentation changes. The yellow coloring is a common marking on the neck & chest area, so
no worries. It definitely is not fungal at all.
Relocation stress takes some time even when moving them to a new tank so give him some time to get adjusted. The
Powersun is a decent bulb, though the UVB output is a little low but it puts out great heat & brightness. You could consider
adding in a long tube bulb, to use alongside of the Powersun for a great UVB combination between the two.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom