Yellow/Orange Urate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The past couple of days Little Foot (my beardie) has been having yellow/orange tips to his urate, with a couple of days (including today) being completely orange or yellow. I read that it could be from too much powdered calcium/vitamin supplements, so I stopped giving him any for a few days but it didn't go away so I just started giving him very small amounts. He's about 8 months old and he's been having this issue for about two weeks now. Should I be worried or could it just be from his food? (freeze dried crickets and grasshoppers)

Gail

BD.org Addict
Do you feed anything orange like carrots or squash? Is he getting greens too or only insects?

smurfthebeardie

Juvie Member
Yellowy brown color to the urate can mean calcium overdose. I had it happen once with Smurf. Cut back on calcium for a week. If it hasn't improved by then I'm probably wrong. It took only three days for Smurf to show improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom