Yellow fungus

Mercd

I am suspecting that motchi has yellow fungus...I was giving him a bath and looked at his belly and seen some light yellow spots and they were definitely not there yesterday. I was looking on here and seen something about yellow fungus and that @Drache613 may test it for people for a lower price then the vet. If this is true, I would love to get him tested ASAP. He also has an odd spot at the corner of his mouth. It feels a little rougher than the rest of him and his eye is acting up again.

@Drache613
@AHBD

Attachments

• 20220402_201129.jpg
    20220402_201129.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 20220402_201103.jpg
    20220402_201103.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 103
  • 20220402_200946.jpg
    20220402_200946.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 20220402_201052.jpg
    20220402_201052.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 20220402_200930.jpg
    20220402_200930.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is hard to tell if that is yellow fungus or not, but I can definitely help out in directing you to get
a swab sample for yellow fungus testing. It is $21 which isn't bad.
You mentioned that it just cropped up that quickly overnight?
How is his appetite doing?

Tracie

Mercd

Original Poster
Yeah it was so so quick. It was not there then it was! My daughter put to many crickets in his cage and then the think with his eye started right after so I assumed he got bit in the eye or something and I was cleaning his eye with saline eye wash and seen his belly! His appetite seems good still but I do notice he's not basking as much. How do I pay you for the test?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yeah it was so so quick. It was not there then it was! My daughter put to many crickets in his cage and then the think with his eye started right after so I assumed he got bit in the eye or something and I was cleaning his eye with saline eye wash and seen his belly! His appetite seems good still but I do notice he's not basking as much. How do I pay you for the test?
Please no more crickets left in the tank -- feed one at a time or out of the tank --
@Drache613

Mercd

Original Poster
sorry @Drache613 im a little lost on how to order the tests. i do see the links you provided but dont seem to see anything to order a test for yellow fungus

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There's a possibility that it's Y,F. but it doesn't really look like most I've seen. Do you have a hot rock ? Can you post pics of his enclosure and the lights ?

Mercd

Original Poster
Sorry I just had surgery so been kinda out of it. No heat rock. Does have a heat pad underneath the tank and his basking rock does get a little warm on top. Uvb is a reptisun 10 t8 so it's mounted to the top of the tank underneath the screen. Tank is only 20 gal. Will be getting a bigger one soon.

Mercd

Original Poster
@Drache613

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Drache [ Tracie ] is usually on at night , she will probably respond within a few hours. I hope your little buddy gets better !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom