Yellow fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krissy0503

Hi guys! I’m new here. I created my account because I am extremely worried about my dragon. I have a 23 week old bearded dragon named Groot. Here recently, I took him the vet just to be told he was fine and that his tail was fine. Well, here in the past few days, his tail has been getting worse. I do believe he has yellow fungus. I also believe that the Vet had no idea what she was talking about. I made another visit to a different vet today for a second opinion. I also want y’all’s opinion on it. He is still eating and is very energetic. It’s just his tail that I am worried about.I took this picture right after he was done in the bath. Once he is dry it isn’t as bad looking but it still isn’t the best.
111328-3298353469.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Krissy, it's understandable to be worried with any type of scale discoloration so good that you're checking it out. Post a few pics while Groot is dry, when they're wet you can't really see what it looks like. Keep baths to a minimum unless he gets dirty, bathing can potentially cause a fungal infection to spread more quickly. To me it doesn't look like Y.F. though from that pic but please post some dry ones.

Krissy0503

Original Poster
Thank you for commenting! I took him to the vet today and my vet confirmed that it is possible that it is a fungus infection. However, he didn’t believe it was yellow fungus. I got some medicine terbinafine to put on his tail. If that doesn’t help then we will try oral antibiotics to help.
111328-1144703823.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Did the vet do a skin scrape to be analyzed ? If not it's just a guess about it being fungal but the ointment is still good just in case. But can you get a better picture ? That just looks like a patch of skin shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom