Yellow Fungus or Just Paranoid?

motherofalittledragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Grogu
Would yellow fungus come off with a wet paper towel? Obviously I'm not asking about treatment, but I noticed yesterday that my lil boy has some bright yellow on his mouth. It resembles how his mouth looks after I give him food with bee pollen, but I haven't done that in a few days and I just noticed a change yesterday. Don't know how he could have gotten it as I haven't come in contact with another dragon in over a year.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It sounds like it was just a stain. Did you get a picture that you can post here ? Post a few pics of that area anyway to show what it looks like now, I'm sure it's not Y.F. if it just wiped off.

motherofalittledragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Grogu
Thank god, and yes I did! You might have to look a bit hard to see what I'm talking about, it's at the forefront of his mouth. Also, the orange/yellow on his beard and around his eyes is just his coloring, that's not what I'm worried about lol.
First pic is before I rubbed some off last night, second pic is today.
IMG_20220803_203923167.jpg

Screenshot_20220804-161047-192.jpg

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
that definitely looks like pollen to me. when sir henry eats he winds up with it all over his face and chin. cleaning him up reminds me of washing a pbj sandwich off a 3 year old! always some left over no matter how hard you try. :LOL:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, yellow fungus definitely would not wipe off, it is literally on or inside of the scales. He
probably had food or supplements on his little face. His colors are great!

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom