Yellow Fungus?? New Rescue

JLynn87

Hatchling Member
Hello everyone, I just picked this girl up a few hours ago and brought her back to my place and put her straight in the bath and she was covered in poop, stuck shed and I’m not sure what else it was. I noticed that she has yellow on her face, beard, a little bit on the neck and arms. I’ve not seen yellow fungus before so I’m not sure if this is just her coloring or if it is concerning. I have to wait till Monday to make a vet appointment.
What are your thoughts?

On another note, her nails are deformed, they are growing out in weird angles.

Attachments

• 7E916B33-DFD9-4FE0-8A02-C3DCB3CC9265.jpeg
    7E916B33-DFD9-4FE0-8A02-C3DCB3CC9265.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 212FF6DB-8315-4025-A677-D1B4C677C1B7.jpeg
    212FF6DB-8315-4025-A677-D1B4C677C1B7.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 80
  • 9747A92A-1D67-41D4-9631-8BC2AFB7002A.jpeg
    9747A92A-1D67-41D4-9631-8BC2AFB7002A.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 77

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello everyone, I just picked this girl up a few hours ago and brought her back to my place and put her straight in the bath and she was covered in poop, stuck shed and I’m not sure what else it was. I noticed that she has yellow on her face, beard, a little bit on the neck and arms. I’ve not seen yellow fungus before so I’m not sure if this is just her coloring or if it is concerning. I have to wait till Monday to make a vet appointment.
What are your thoughts?

On another note, her nails are deformed, they are growing out in weird angles.
Her nails need to be clipped -- look on youtube for bearded dragon nail clipping -- the yellow is her coloring

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, definitely natural coloring. I've owned yellow dragons before and sometimes the entire body is yellow , other ones can just have it on the face, beard, around the eyes, etc.

Nice that you're taking care of her, looks alert and in reasonably good condition. :) BTW, are you sure it's a female ?

JLynn87

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I agree, definitely natural coloring. I've owned yellow dragons before and sometimes the entire body is yellow , other ones can just have it on the face, beard, around the eyes, etc.

Nice that you're taking care of her, looks alert and in reasonably good condition. :) BTW, are you sure it's a female ?
I have not checked myself, but I will soon. She was not handled much so not only does she have a new environment, but she now has a mama who loves handling her babies. The lady who fostered her said she laid eggs about two months ago. I now have three bearded dragons and they are all slightly different colored so I don’t have to worry about getting them confused I guess LOL.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom