Yellow fungus (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leohsimmin

Original Poster
so, i believe that my bearded dragon may have yellow fungus. However i cannot decide whether the 'discoloring of the scales' is actually an early sign of the fungus or just his natural coloring. On one side, the coloring of the scales seems discolored, however the small discolored looking part of his back is an almost perfect match to the coloring of his head. Additionally, I believe he is going to shed soon, so that may also affect the coloring. I do not completely recall part of his back being weirdly colored, however it is almost completely unnoticeable under normal lighting. Could somebody tell me if this is just his normal coloring or a sign of yellow fungus. If this seems like yellow fungus, i will immediately get my beardie to the vet.
48C74752-E85F-49FC-A04C-41BFCD88EB55.jpeg

He is around 2 years old.
Also, he had not had his heater for the past 3 days as i had ordered a new one after his old one broke. I am expecting to get a new one tomorrow afternoon.

leohsimmin

Original Poster
so, i believe that my bearded dragon may have yellow fungus. However i cannot decide whether the 'discoloring of the scales' is actually an early sign of the fungus or just his natural coloring. On one side, the coloring of the scales seems discolored, however the small discolored looking part of his back is an almost perfect match to the coloring of his head. Additionally, I believe he is going to shed soon, so that may also affect the coloring. I do not completely recall part of his back being weirdly colored, however it is almost completely unnoticeable under normal lighting. Could somebody tell me if this is just his normal coloring or a sign of yellow fungus. If this seems like yellow fungus, i will immediately get my beardie to the vet. View attachment 66830

He is around 2 years old.
Also, he had not had his heater for the past 3 days as i had ordered a new one after his old one broke. I am expecting to get a new one tomorrow afternoon.
FYI i had making sure the room his enclosure is in had been warm since he had not had his heater

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
ok. i thought you meant a heat mat like a heating pad. and they shouldn't have those. i buy my basking bulbs in multipacks so i don't wind up not having a back up bulb. they're usually not too expensive on amazon.

i'm not sure on the fungus thing, but if i saw that on my boy, i would not be worried. their colors change as they get older and also during the shedding process. there are others that i'm sure will chime in that are way more knowledgeable on that topic than i am.

leohsimmin

Original Poster
ok. i thought you meant a heat mat like a heating pad. and they shouldn't have those. i buy my basking bulbs in multipacks so i don't wind up not having a back up bulb. they're usually not too expensive on amazon.

i'm not sure on the fungus thing, but if i saw that on my boy, i would not be worried. their colors change as they get older and also during the shedding process. there are others that i'm sure will chime in that are way more knowledgeable on that topic than i am.
alright, thank you! i really appreciate the reply

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It doesn't appear to be yellow fungus, but, can you please take a few more pictures? That would help.
They do tend to develop some natural yellow pigmentation color as they get older.
Did you receive your basking bulb for him I hope?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom