Yellow fungus??? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this?!? I noticed it after his soak today just on his arm, its slimey and sticky. Is this yellow fungus or what is this???! How can I treat it

Attachments

• A534AD59-BD82-4D6C-A43D-D7294ACE4F5F.jpeg
    A534AD59-BD82-4D6C-A43D-D7294ACE4F5F.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 22AE3351-FF80-4518-A107-E0258F6295C9.jpeg
    22AE3351-FF80-4518-A107-E0258F6295C9.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 90

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
so sadly yellow fungus is fatal and untreatable but what you can do is scrub it every day with warm water if it doesn't hurt and if it comes off then YAY it wasn't yellow fungus! also, a few questions, what lights do you use and what brand? can you send a pic of her tank setup w/ lights and also can you send a full body pic of him and it also could be a different infection but that's the tricky part we just cant tell what it is based off online pics and stuff so I also highly recommend taking her to the vet

Srgeorge2177

Original Poster
so sadly yellow fungus is fatal and untreatable but what you can do is scrub it every day with warm water if it doesn't hurt and if it comes off then YAY it wasn't yellow fungus! also, a few questions, what lights do you use and what brand? can you send a pic of her tank setup w/ lights and also can you send a full body pic of him and it also could be a different infection but that's the tricky part we just cant tell what it is based off online pics and stuff so I also highly recommend taking her to the vet
I use the Arcadia t5 12% tube uvb. Heat and humidity has been perfect (super dry where I live this time of year) super weird I didn’t notice it during his bath but only about an hour after???

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I use the Arcadia t5 12% tube uvb. Heat and humidity has been perfect (super dry where I live this time of year) super weird I didn’t notice it during his bath but only about an hour after???
What is the humidity in the tank? It should not be below 20% - please get a digital probe hygrometer -- place on the back center wall of your tank it will read the whole tank -- Exo Terra Digital Hygrometer | Dubia.com
Where is your UVB? Screen will determine where it should be --- and dragons are different w/ their taste - they may or may not like banana
here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
Nutrition Content

Srgeorge2177

Original Poster
What is the humidity in the tank? It should not be below 20% - please get a digital probe hygrometer -- place on the back center wall of your tank it will read the whole tank -- Exo Terra Digital Hygrometer | Dubia.com
Where is your UVB? Screen will determine where it should be --- and dragons are different w/ their taste - they may or may not like banana
here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
Nutrition Content
Humidity is not below 20, it’s about 35 with a digital probe. Nothing blocking the uvb

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great it ended up being able to be wiped off & that it wasn't yellow fungus
after all! Do you feed baby food?
It doesn't look like he has a black beard though, how is his appetite?

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There's still a possibility that it's fungal so just see if it develops again. And just an FYI, a dragon with Y.F. should not be soaked because that can cause it to spread. If you see anything come back, get some Lamisil antifungal cream for it and monitor it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom