yellow fungis

Status
Not open for further replies.
well thhis kid brought his little bearded dragons over to my house and one of the little guys had this like infection looking thing on the bottom of his chin so my boy friend soaked it and took a q-tip and wiped it with alcohol.. in the morning it look a tid bit better but was deff still there and the kid said that the beardie was also not holding much weight on it does any one have any suggestions that i can tell him to help his beardie.. and i have absolutly no i idea about his tank lighing heating or any thing like that so please help
thank you, Beverly

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, it's nice that you're trying to help out your friend's beardie. Are you sure it's yellow fungus and not an infection from an injury? The reason I ask is because both would be treated very differently. Take a look at these pictures and let us know if it looks similar and then let us know: http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/yellowfungus.html

In the meantime, I wouldn't suggest that you use alcohol on it no matter if it's fungus or an infection. The safest thing to do would be to bathe him in a diluted betadine solution or use witch hazel.

Let us know if it does or doesn't look like the pictures and we can help further. :wink:

xxroxygrlxx5

Original Poster
it looks like the 3rd picture on there the one with it on his bottom body but the dragons eyes r fine and so his his body but it is looks like the one picture but it is only on the chin of the boys dragon...i will tell him to start cleaning it with alcohol..

LJean

Extreme Poster
xxroxygrlxx5":e6b89 said:
it looks like the 3rd picture on there the one with it on his bottom body but the dragons eyes r fine and so his his body but it is looks like the one picture but it is only on the chin of the boys dragon...i will tell him to start cleaning it with alcohol..

repost:
In the meantime, I wouldn't suggest that you use alcohol on it no matter if it's fungus or an infection. The safest thing to do would be to bathe him in a diluted betadine solution or use witch hazel.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No, please DO NOT use alcohol. Thanks Ljean for reposting that. Hopefully she read it in time. :eek:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Would it be possible to post a picture?

In the meantime, get some Betadine and witchhazel as well as an over the counter cream like Lamasil. Give him a bath in the Betadine with water, it should look like weak tea. Use the witchhazel as an astringent and wipe the area with a soft cloth with the witchhazel on it. Once that dries, apply the Lamasil to the area and rub it in. Do this once a day but be sure that the beardie is not put right under the basking area when the fungal cream has been freshly applied because it may cause a burn. Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom